39

"Run Sarang! You're almost there!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs.

"Yoori you got this!" Suyeon cheered for Yoori.

I began to yell in excitement as Sarang barley crossed the finish line before Yoori meaning we would be moving on to the final round of our competition.

Suyeon sadly clapped her hands. "You did well Yoori."

"Sorry I couldn't run faster." She frowned.

"If it makes you feel any better you two were the slowest runners in our entire class its a miracle Sarang still qualified." Yanyang teased.

Sarang rolled her eyes. "That's not what you said when you were crying like a baby earlier trying to outrun me."

"Please." Yangyang scoffed. "I was running slow on purpose."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." She sarcastically smiled.

"That won't matter when we win the scavenger hunt and the first place prize." Yangyang smirked and did some annoying handshake with Chenle.

"In your dreams." Sarang crossed her arms. "That first place prize is ours." She looked at me.

I smirked and nodded. "Hope you two didn't get your hopes too up."

We began to gather at the meeting point with the three other teams from our home room that would compete in the scavenger hunt against us. The first place prize was two ₩100,000 gift cards that were valid at any of the stores at our local mall in addition to a front of the line lunch pass for the last semester and 15% extra credit to a class of our choosing.

Although the gift cards were high in value, it was no secret that everyone desperately wanted their hands on the 15% grade boost for our final semester. For some people it would be the difference of receiving an A or B for our final report card.

We were handed a list of items and perimeters from Mrs. Lee while the others who had already been eliminated from previous rounds sat together in the cold snow to keep each other warm.

"There are 30 minutes on the clock." Mrs. Lee announced. "Whoever can bring back all the items from the list the fastest or has the most items from the list at the end of the 30 minutes will be declared winner." She looked down at her clock and pursed her lips. "Begin." She finally announced.

Within seconds each group had split up and gone running into different sections of the snowy woods. The paths were marked so we wouldn't wander off and get lost but it was still a bit confusing to read the map while we were rushing.

After a long 20 minutes we were nearing the end of our list. All we needed was a leaf from a certain tree.

"Look!" Sarang pointed into the distance. "That looks like tree in the picture!"

I nooded after looking at the picture again.

"It is!"

Sarang grabbed my hand and we ran to the tree. We both jumped up and down trying to reach a leaf but it was no use, we were both too short.

"What if I carry you?" I suggested and she nodded. I but my hands around her legs and lifted her up for as long as I could.