51

"YN!"

Sarang excitedly waved when she saw me walking down the school corridor.

I smiled back at her. "I didn't expect to see you here this early."

I had arrived at school earlier than usual to beg my teachers for an extension on my missing class assignments. After leaving the barley successful meeting, I had planned to study alone in the library but was distracted by Sarang's appearance instead.

"I'm so happy you're back!" She ran up to hug me. "I have so much to tell you!" She squealed.

"I bet you do." I nervously smiled knowing exactly what direction this conversation was headed.

She pulled me near one of the snack vending machines and looked around making sure no one would be able to hear her secret.

"I was waiting for you to return to school so I could tell you in person." I could see the blush on her cheeks as she shyly looked down. "Yangyang confessed to me!" She whisper yelled, trying to hold in her excitement.

"What? Noooo?" I tried to sound as oblivious as possible. "Really?"

Her excitement quickly faded and she stared at me blankly, her hands resting on her hips.

"Chenle told you about the kiss didn't he?"

I shrugged innocently.

"Maybe."

She frowned and let out an annoyed groan.

"I swear I'm going to kill him."

I giggled and lightly pushed her shoulder.

"Yah." I playfully rolled my eyes. "My boyfriend isn't allowed to die just yet."

Sarang laughed and latched on to my arm as we walked towards her locker. "Fine, I'll let him live for now. But if you ever change your mind...." She grinned.

"So..." I raised an eyebrow, turning my head slightly to look at Sarang. "You said he confessed but you haven't told me whether the two of you are dating or not."

"W-Well." She nervously stuttered.

"Well what?" I repeated after her.

"I didn't exactly have time to respond." She replied in a defeated tone.

[ F l a s h B a c k ] - Third Person pov

Sarang was arguing with Yangyang for what seemed like the hundredth time that week.

"You are so annoying!" She huffed, walking through the library mindlessly as she yelled at him. "I told you I don't need your help. I'll just tell Mr. Kang that I need a different tutor."

"You've already tried that, remember?" Yangyang rolled his eyes. "But you managed to screw up again leaving Mr. Kang no choice but to make me your tutor again."

"But you had a choice." She spun around and angrily pointed at him, pushing her finger against his chest. "You could've said no. You could have told him you couldn't. You could've said anything to make him ask anybody else."

Yangyang gripped the hand she had pushed him with, pulling her in so that she was only a mere centimeters away from his face.

"Well maybe I didn't want to say no!"

Sarang was flustered by the warmth his close body radiated.

"And why wouldn't y-you!" She tried to argue back but her voice had become slightly more timid.

"Because believe it or not Sarang, some people actually care about you. But you make it so fucking difficult for anyone to show you they care." He sighed, his tone slightly softening. "You make it difficult for me.....when I've been standing in front of you all this time....." He lowered his eyes, avoiding Sarang's gaze. "....because I care about you but you won't let me......I like you but you won't even look at me."