23

I was sitting on the bench that was hidden next to the snack vending machine on the third floor. The third floor was where the senior lockers and classes were located. Normally I would be by my locker waiting for Suyeon before class but right now she was the last person I wanted to see. I couldn't help but feel guilty for what Jungwoo had done to her. Of course I had done nothing wrong but he was my cousin and he had cheated on my best friend. It was only natural to feel guilty in such a messy situation.

"I still can't believe he cheated." I muttered to myself.

"You sure do like talking to yourself."

I looked up feeling startled by the familiar voice. Jaemin was standing in front of the vending machine inserting some coins.

I sighed and leaned back, slightly hitting the back of my head. "And you sure do like following me around." I rolled my eyes.

A can clinked down the vending machine before he inserted some more coins. "Don't flatter yourself too much loser, I was buying a drink before class." He smirked and the sound of another can dropping crashed at the bottom of the vending machine. He leaned down and pulled out the two cans, handing me one before sitting next to me.

"Thanks." I said while opening the can of milk tea.

"So is this about your ex boyfriend?"

I furrowed my eyebrows confused by his question.

"What ex-" I stopped midway when I realized he was referring to Lucas. Everyone believes we dated and that we broke up because he cheated on me. "Maybe." I went along with it.

"You know, I would never cheat on you." He smiled cheekily.

A small laugh escaped my lips. "I'm talking about my own heartbreak and you still manage to somehow make this about you." I tsked dramatically and shook my head.

"I'm sorry." He frowned. "I didn't know you two were that serious. I mean you did seem to forget about that guy quickly when you kissed me." He winked.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? And what gave you that impression?"

"Because you weren't focused on him." He leaned in closer. "You were focused on me." My gaze lowered to his soft looking lips, a small smile curved at the corners. "Just like you are...." He placed a soft gentle kiss on my lips and leaned back. "...right now."

He grinned with satisfaction knowing he had succeeded in proving his point. Not only that, he had succeeded in making my heart flutter. I turned away from him when I felt myself blush. Was it strange that his lips were beginning to feel familiar to me?

"Meet me in the school garden at lunch and I can show you more."

I felt the heat of my body rise.

"Y-Yah!" I elbowed his side and quickly stood. "You're such a pervert." I huffed and walked away.

"See you at lunch." He winked when I looked back.

"In the CAFETERIA." I emphasized the word cafeteria to make myself clear.

He chuckled and waved at me before walking towards his own class.

I marched into my class replaying what had happened. Was I crazy for liking the way his soft lips felt on mine? Of course I was, I mean I didn't even like Jaemin. At least I don't think I did. Truth was I only ever had one crush in my entire life at that was Chenle. And although I stopped liking him 2 years ago, I couldn't deny any longer that those buried feelings had begun to resurface. Yes, I had fallen for Zhong Chenle once again.