43

I lightly banged my head against my locker door and let out a frustrated whine. I crumpled the detention form that was given to me and shoved it deep in my coat pocket. After completely embarrassing myself with Chenle, I missed a second day of school and was now purposely showing up late in hopes of avoiding anyone and everyone for as long as I could.

Unfortunately I had to finally force myself to class. I took a deep breath but stopped a few steps away from the classroom door. I didn't want to go in. I didn't want to see him. I was too embarrassed to face him. I was too embarrassed to face anyone.

Eventually, I finally entered the silent class. As soon as I walked in everyones eyes were on me. Quiet whispers quickly filled the room, watching my every step. Chenle's eyes met mine for a split second before he instantly looked away.

I handed Mrs. Lee my hall pass and quickly rushed to my seat.

"Hey." Yangyang greeted me with a warm smile. "Glad to see you back."

"Y-Yeah." I awkwardly stuttered. "I-I missed everyone." I forced a smile.

Suyeon turned around in her seat and glared at me. "Happy to hear you missed us, I presume that's why you kept ignoring everyone's messages." She sarcastically smiled. "Or were you just too busy lying to your best friend?" She rolled her eyes and turned back around.

I frowned and adverted my gaze to my empty desk. I felt tears wanting to escape my eyes but I fought them back.

A pathetic loser.

Thats what I felt like. No, that's who I was. And just like thousands of times before, I heard whispers of all those laughing at me. But this time their words hurt worst than ever before.

"I heard Jaemin dumped her because she cheated on him. Ugly bitch really thought she was something."

"Did she forget she's a worthless loser."

"Without Jaemin no one would even know her name."

"I heard she forced herself on Chenle and now he can't even look at her hideous face."

Their whispered laughs echoed in my ear.

"What a slut."

"Yah!"

I jumped back at the loud sound of Yangyang raising his voice while he glared at the group of girls a few seats away from us.

"Mr. Liu, is there an issue?" Mrs. Lee who was stepping in for our history teacher asked. "What is so important you must interrupt my lesson?"

"No Mrs. Lee, I apologize." He apologetically stood up and bowed before sitting back down.

The whispers became quieter but they were still there. Although they were not as clear, I knew they were still talking about me.

I spent most of the morning being scolded by different subject teachers because I hadn't turned in the homework that had been ruined. When I wasn't being scolded, I was blankly staring at my desk wishing I was anywhere else but here.

Still, nothing was worst than the moment I had been dreading most.

Lunch.