Needy

Meri paced her and Carbry's darkened apartment. She was barefoot and wore only Car's sweater because it was warm and comfy and smelled like him. She frowned, rubbing her shoulders and ignoring the wind on the windows and the fact that she was bored and lonely. It'd been about a week since the foursome thing had started then lasted for several days until everyone had to go back to work. They'd all really, really seemed to enjoy their time together, but they also didn't quite know what to make of this...this thing.

Well, all except for Carbry. Her mate was as cool as a cucumber about the whole encounter.

Speaking of Carbry, he'd abandoned her for the weekend, having had to go to some big meeting with Timmy somewhere where he was really busy. She thought about using her abilities to travel to him, but she sometimes had a habit of appearing at the most inopportune times. Not that Car ever minded, but she didn't want to be annoying.

As she continued to rub her shoulders, Meri grinned when an idea settled in her head...an idea involving the cowboy and the asshole, both of whom she missed for some reason. Without giving herself a chance to think about it, Meri called on whatever side of her it was that held those strange magic powers and deposited herself in the middle of the living room of Ryke and Daryl's place.

Surprised by her sudden appearance, Ryke snarled and lunged at her, and part of her mind registered Daryl looking up wide-eyed from his desk in the nook where he'd set up some bookshelves and created a makeshift office. Ryke had her pinned against the wall before the knowledge that it was only her dawned on him. That realization slowly broke over his features, and his eyes betrayed his surprise then an undercurrent of anger. Whether that anger was with her or himself, Meri wasn't sure.

"Meri?" He asked in shock as he lowered her gently to the ground. He inspected her carefully for a moment before he scowled. "What were you thinking popping in here unannounced like that? I could have hurt you!"

She laughed. "No you couldn't. Goddess me would have stepped in before that." As she spoke, she ignored his glare and wrapped him in a big hug, crushing him against her and burying her face in his chest.

After a second's hesitation, he returned the hug, and Daryl made his way over from his desk to kiss the top of her head then rub her back over the sweater. "What's wrong, Mer?"

She pulled back, sticking out her bottom lip and releasing Ryke to hug Daryl. "Car left me for work and I'm bored and lonely and can I hang out with you guys?"

When she looked up, Daryl was smirking at her. "Of course you can, silly."

"I'm not annoying?"

Beside her, Ryke laughed. "Oh yeah. You're totally interrupting my TV time while Daryl completely ignores me."

As he spoke, she noticed the TV playing at a low volume some sort of show about historic weapons and 'who would win' in battles with them. She was about to ask once more that it wouldn't be a problem, just to really make sure it's okay that she stayed, when Ryke took her hand, pulling her from Daryl's embrace and leading her to the couch. "You can sit with me. We'll be ignored together."

Daryl smirked. "I'm not ignoring you, love. I've got a deadline for this design I'm working on."

As Ryke pulled her to sit with him, he rolled his eyes. "Deadline, he says..."

Meri smirked and bit her lip as she plopped down next to him. "Deadlines, schmedlines. That's what I try to tell Car, but he's all like, 'I gotta work, a mhuirnín'."

Ryke surprised her by sliding his arm around her shoulder and pulling her close to him in a startlingly casual show of affection. After a second of hesitation, she sighed contentedly as she rested her head on his shoulder as he exclaimed. "Finally! Someone understands my pain."

She grinned while Daryl cast them both an adorably happy look before he shook his head and said, "Alright, you two. Have fun. I'll join you when I'm done." With that, he walked back over to his desk. As he moved, Meri took in his shirtless form as his pajama pants rode low on his hips, and she found herself licking her lips at the sight of his six-pack in the low light cast by his desk lamp. Had he always been this irresistibly sexy?

Beside her, Ryke chuckled, obviously having caught her ogling his mate. "Like what you see, Princess?"

She nestled closer. "Of course. What's on TV?"

"Walking Dead." He replied, leading her to roll her eyes.

Before she could make a snide remark about how he was an ass for making a zombie reference, Ryke was roughly pulling her into his lap and pausing whatever show had been playing then tossing the remote to the side. She grinned, her annoyance forgotten as he pressed his face into her neck and breathed deeply, tightening his arms around her with enough strength that it was almost painful.

"Ah fuck...you smell like him and you. God, I think I missed you, Princess."

She laughed, grinding her hips into him as she said, "Ditto." In response to her levity, he snorted, running his hand gently over her thigh while she spoke. "I thought we were watching TV."

Ryke shook his head and began rubbing higher on her leg, making her shudder in anticipation. "Cowboy told us to have fun. TV isn't fun. You're not wearing underwear."

"I hate underwear...and pants. So restrictive." As she spoke, Ryke began kissing her neck, grazing her soft flesh with his teeth in the same way Carbry always did.

His breath was hot against her neck as he asked. "Would King Vampire mind if we-?"

"Fuck without him? Nah. We already talked, and he and I are both cool with it. I guarantee he's gonna demand a play-by-play when he gets back because he's a freaky old man. You know, he-"

Ryke had pinned her on her back before she could finish her sentence, and Meri nearly lost her ability to think as he began touching her and kissing her with such intensity that she lost her breath. She'd honestly just hoped they'd want to cuddle because she was lonely, but this was infinitely better. Grinning, she realized that the cowboy probably wasn't going to be able to get any of his work done because neither she nor Ryke were making any efforts to keep quiet.

It'd be fine. She'd make it up to him later. Oh, maybe they should call Car, put the phone on speaker. Teach both their workaholics a lesson.

As Ryke's mouth worked its way lower, though, all other thoughts fled her mind, and she eagerly tugged off his shirt then tossed it in Daryl's general direction. Yeah, paying the asshole and cowboy a visit had definitely been the right call.