Designs

Carbry

Carbry didn't mind watching. Especially when he managed to wrangle a sexy cowboy into his lap for the remainder of the entertainment.

Once Meriwa was sleeping on Ryker's chest, leaving the young vampire to look heartbreakingly tender and disarmed, Daryl had smiled at the two of them before kissing Carbry's temple and leaving the room.

Ryker smirked lazily, his eyes watching the doorway his mate had wandered out through. "You're going to have to go get him."

Carbry knew Daryl was turned on and not shy about seeking out his own pleasure, but he also trusted Ryker's knowledge of his own mate. So, he stood from the chair and stalked after the cowboy, following him down the loft and into the kitchen.

They were still in Ryker's apartment, and though it was a nice place, it was too small and a little too far away from Carbry's penthouse. Carbry had regretted having more than one building a couple times in the war, though he had never really hated the idea as much as now when Daryl and Ryker were several city blocks away from his home.

Even as he watched Daryl start eating cold take out from the fridge, it simply reminded Carbry that he didn't have access to his kitchen or staff of cooks here, and he found himself making a mental note of trying to find a reason to get them to move into the main Knight Corp building. Daryl gave him a lopsided grin and opened the fridge, grabbing then handing Carbry a bottle of blood before resuming his eating.

Carbry had not been particularly thirsty, but the expression of understanding on the cowboy's face wasn't something he wanted to ruin. He and Daryl were working on bonding, though there was still a fair bit between the two of them left to be worked through. An, as difficult as the cowboy was at times, Carbry found himself falling in love with the man as much as Ryker and Meri seemed to be falling for one another.

Before Car could say anything, they heard the sound of Meriwa waking up and immediately continuing to play with Ryker, and Carbry grinned when he saw Daryl's eyes go up to the loft and darken. They couldn't see what was happening on the bed other than shifting shadows on the wall and ceiling, but the sounds were enough to fill in the blanks and pick up Carbry's arousal where it had been simmering at that low hunger all night.

Breaking into a wide grin, he pulled the forgotten take out container and fork out of Daryl's hand and led him to the couch where he pulled the man into his lap. Before Daryl could ask what he was doing, Carbry started trailing his mouth down the man's throat, one hand pulling out his phone and calling up the security viewing application.

Carbry distracted the cowboy until he had managed to get into the video feed of Ryker's apartment, giving them full view of what their mates were up to. Then he pulled Daryl back against him, hand resting innocently on the man's abs as Carbry whispered. "Now, I don't use this often. And only I have access to it until there's an emergency... And I have never watched you two without your permission before."

Not while they were having sex, anyways. There had been times when he had checked up on them, briefly glancing in on the apartment to make sure they were both safe and alright. And he had been around when Ryker had done it to check on Daryl when the man had been alone.

As the two of them watched, Daryl continued to tease him, arching against him. But he amused himself with following the cowboy's lead, teasing right back, even once the other two fallen back into adorable cuddling.

Just when he was sure Daryl couldn't take anymore, the man paused and frowned at the phone, his gaze going distant, calculating. Meri was laying on her side, pressed up against Ryker, her leg tossed over him as Ryker lay on his side facing her, head ducked down and pressed into her throat. Her hair flowed over both of them, his arms wrapped around her and held her close. It was heartwarming, Carbry had watched the two of them lay for hours like that on multiple occasions. And he and Ryker had similarly done the same when Daryl and Meri slept together in a tangle of limbs.

"That's exactly it." Daryl murmured, then stood, surprising Carbry so much that he didn't stop the man, who merely walked over to his desk, turned on a light and began shuffling through plans and sketches.

"What just happened?" Carbry didn't know he had said that out loud until he heard Ryker chuckle from the loft.

Carbry looked down at the video feed to see Ryker smirking right up at the camera, looking bemused. He watched as the vampire rolled onto his back and pulled a sleeping Meriwa back on top of him then stretched out like a cat that was far too pleased with itself. Ryker was amused, and it gave Carbry the impression that the younger vampire thought that he had lost Daryl's attention.

Carbry paused, looking at the cowboy who was now completely engrossed in sketching and measuring something out, and the sight made Car's heart shift a little bit more. Daryl had a pencil behind his ear, a pen in his mouth, and another pencil in his hand, face already smudged with ink. He could fall in love with seeing just that sight, including Daryl wearing boxer briefs that were riding up his legs and showing that the man was still very aroused.

That made Carbry feel a little bit better. It wasn't that he had no effect. It was just, well Carbry had no explanation for what it was, but he put the phone down and wandered across the apartment silently, stepping up behind Daryl and looking down at the image Daryl was creating. It was a building, but it had curves along one side, a flow that almost seemed like it was....

Carbry grinned and ducked his head to nip Daryl's earlobe. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I figured it out... I just... I gotta get it down before I forget. I saw it before, and I forgot what it was, but the arches, the flow of the building...it's..." Daryl trailed off as he continued sketching.

"It's beautiful, but we were in the middle of something..." Carbry purred.

Daryl made a low noise. "I..."

Carbry brushed his lips down Daryl's neck. "I won't let you forget. I know exactly what you're using as inspiration."

"Promise?" Daryl gasped in a whisper, the pen dropping from his mouth as he tilted his head for Carbry's mouth, free hand reaching back to hold Carbry closer to him. "The... co... con...plant place..."

"Conservatory." Carbry chuckled and nodded. "The curves of the dome will capture all the light for the plants... and the lines there... they'll contrast and strengthen it..."

"Now, if you don't want this...tell me..." Carbry murmured, stilling before he could take it too far. They had played a lot of games, teased one another and made love as part of the four of them, and sometimes just the two of them. But their relationship was still blossoming, and he knew that he could be far more demanding and commanding than Daryl was comfortable with. He had never pushed the man the wrong way while making love, but he had on other interpersonal occasions. And, Carbry wasn't about to bully someone into something as sacred as consent.

"I do." Daryl nodded. "Fuck... yes."

Carbry grinned and nipped Daryl's jaw. "So when we're playing, unless you don't want to play anymore...you stay in the game. No wandering off. If you need food. Or a break, fine... but, I expect to be the centre of your attention when you're with me. And you will be mine. And when we're with the other two, we will share equally."

Daryl breathed as he leaned into Carbry. "I promise."

"Good." Carbry chuckled and obliged them both.

Daryl could work on his project in the morning, and Carbry would help him remember that he was designing a skyline of a building to look like their mates laying in bed together.