Lost in Thought

Ryker

It had been a long day of travelling, after several long weeks of separation, stolen moments between trips and the stresses of all the demands everyone was facing. As such, Ryker wasn't particularly surprised that Meri and Daryl were completely unconscious, though he noted that Carbry had taken the time to strip them of their remaining layers to prevent them from sweltering in doors.

The fire in the massive stone hearth was casting a fair bit of heat already, though he was sure Carbry had planned far enough ahead that the majority of the chill had been cut down when a team had come in the day before and stocked the fridge, done a security sweep, and ensured the lodge was safe enough for Meriwa.

And Daryl, if Ryker was being completely honest. They had been getting together now for a couple of months, and even before that, Ryker knew that Carbry had pulled his cowboy under his wing of protection. Thinking about security had Ryker pacing through the house checking doors and windows and pausing long enough to note the security details in the woods, though there were heated outbuildings and shelters that meant that their people were as comfortable as they were.

The teams were filled with younger and younger vampires now, with the older, more experienced ones being pulled into the international missions and various roles of leadership as they waded through the filth and corruption to find half decent supernaturals still surviving. Carbry refused to accept the concept of 'the devil you know,' and Eirene's intelligence allowed them to call out fakers and liars in nearly every Order around the globe.

"You're stalking like a jungle cat." Carbry shifted out of the dark of the loft attic bedroom where Ryker had been checking the windows, stepping up behind him and sliding his arms around Ryker's body.

Carbry had been rough with Daryl, the delicious, forceful control was something that Ryker knew Daryl liked, though the older man was gentle as he held Ryker, brushing his lips against his jaw. Ryker relaxed into the embrace, making a low noise. "Just... can't let the world go..."

"If I ask too much..."

Ryker shook his head and shifted, turning to face Carbry and giving the other man an even look. "No. It's not. You don't."

He had failed this man so many times before, when it had really counted, and he refused to fail again. Beyond even being his boss, Ryker felt a friendship with Carbry that made his heart ache. Ryker had followed him into, through, and out of several personal hells and would do so a thousand times over at the drop of a hat.

Carbry shook his head and brushed his lips against Ryker's, his voice soft as he whispered in Russian. "No more of those thoughts."

The kiss deepened, though it never became one of ownership nor demand. It gave, deepening until Ryker felt his knees nearly buckle as Carbry's arms went around behind him and held him close. Ryker began to slide his hands down Carbry's chest, over the man's obnoxiously preppy knit sweater, when Carbry grinned and nipped his lower lip. "You carry the taste of my mate on you."

Carbry soon began tugging off Ryker's clothing, and the man's already mischievous grin widened as Ryker regained enough sense to begin impatiently ripping the man's clothing off in return.

The man's hands stilled long enough for Carbry to grab Ryke's face in both hands and kissed him firmly. "You're beautiful, Ryker."

It should have sounded awkward or embarrassing, but it only caused him to flush with pleasure from the compliment before he grasped Carbry's face in return and kissed him back, pushing him to the low lying bed on the floor. Ryker hooked the man's leg with his own, tripping him and sending him falling towards the soft mattress, only to find Carbry reversing the fall and ending up on top of him.

"No fair, old man." Ryker chuckled, grinning up at Carbry who mock-scowled at him 

"Speaking of no fair." Meri's voice drew his eyes to open so that he could see her entering the room with Daryl on her heels, both of them watching Carbry and Ryker with looks of deep affection and interest. Soon, they were all sprawled in a tangle of limbs and sweaty bodies, the frantic panting of Daryl and Meri causing the two vampire's own heart rates to race.