Morning Coffee

Consciousness returned to Daryl slowly at first, though when he reached out and felt only a cooling, empty mattress where someone should have been, he sat up with a start, blinking blearily as he peered around at a room he didn't initially recognize. Expensive cotton sheets pooled around his hip, and his mind slowly came to understand that he was in Meriwa's bedroom.

With a frown, he slipped out of bed and stood, glancing down to see the bruises, bite marks, and scratches left over from the night before. He could shift into his vampire form and heal relatively quickly, but he felt the residual heat and ache in his body that told him that shifting would not be easy as he took on yet more. More what, he didn't know. More vampire, perhaps? Because he doubted that Meri in her human form would have transferred any of her other to him.

Daryl paused, sighing and reaching up to his head, his fingers brushing along the fur of his ears that were decidedly not human at the moment. Neither was the fluffy tail that was wagging behind him. Knowing he wouldn't be able to tackle getting back into human form without coffee, he rummaged through the drawers until he found a pair of Carbry's pajama pants, pulling them on and pulling the drawstring on the waist as tight as it would go, though they were still baggy.

He walked quietly from the room and down the hallway, past the bathroom where he heard the shower running and into the living room, where he smelled the delicious, enticing scent of coffee. There, on the couch and staring tiredly at nothing, Meriwa was curled around a cup of coffee that looked like she hadn't yet remembered to take a drink of. She was wearing what appeared to be Carbry's dress shirt from the night before and was half wrapped in a fuzzy, bright pink blanket.

He grinned and sat down next to her, grabbing the cup out of her hands and taking a large mouthful, grinning as she smacked him on the shoulder and snatched the cup back. He chuckled low before speaking. "Morning, sunshine."

"How are you so fucking cheery?" She grumbled, taking a sip of her cup and leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I slept like the dead." Daryl grinned before pausing and giving her a coy look. "No offence."

Meriwa scowled at him before her eyes widened as she caught the bit of fur sticking out from behind his back. Smiling ruefully, she reached out to grab his tail. "Ahhh...you're stuck again, aren't you?"

He had assumed he had tucked it into his pants, and he sighed as she stroked it for a moment. "I just need to wake up before I can turn back." He grabbed her coffee again, taking another mouthful.

"There. Now it isn't all bent." She grinned happily at him, and even though he couldn't know for sure without seeing it, Daryl was suddenly certain that she'd used her magic to make a tail hole in Carbry's pants for him. Her next words, however, halted his intent to censure her for the destruction of her mate's clothing. "We're ok, right? That...wasn't weird for you?"

Daryl grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, leaning back into the couch and shaking his head. It wasn't any different than how they would sit together after waking up after a tough job or any of the many times they had just enjoyed each other's company as friends. "Not at all. You?"

"I enjoyed it. A lot." Meri murmured softly, closing her eyes and relaxing against him, seemingly forgetting her coffee. "I don't feel any different about you. Not, like, weird different. You know?"

"I get it. Good. It would break my heart if this ruined our friendship." He squeezed her gently, letting out a slow breath. "Car and Ryke?"

"They went to go train while we were sleeping. It must have been them getting back that woke you up. Sorry. I tried to keep the noise out of the bedroom for you." Meri yawned and nodded in the direction of the hallway. "I chased them out of the en suite bathroom. They're in the guest shower down the hall."

"Together?" Daryl glanced in that direction, grinning ever so slightly. If asked before that moment, he would have claimed to have been completely satiated in the intimacy department for the next several hours. But now, despite the fact that he was still tired and hungry, he felt his own desire stirring as he thought about the two men in the bathroom together.

"Car's pants are huge on you." Meri teased, drawing him back to the present moment, laughing as she poked at his leg. "You're so tiny."

"Hey!" he laughed and put the coffee mug down on the nearby table. "It's not my fault he's a muscle bound..."

"You're a total sex machine, cowboy." She grinned wider to him, reaching out to grab his thigh with her hand. "And Car's not muscle bound! You just obviously skip leg day!"

"Hey. Stop." Daryl laughed and tried to squirm away from her as she slid her hands higher along his legs. "You know I'm ticklish in my hips! Meri!"

But the woman didn't stop, giggling adorably as she found the exact spots on his hip flexors and upper thighs that sent him into breathless laughing as she tickled him mercilessly. It turned into an all out wrestling match with them rolling around on the couch while Daryl gasped for breath between fits of giggles and ended up with him half sprawled over one arm of the couch. Meri was straddling his lap as he panted and held onto her wrists while she rested her hands on his abs. They were both laughing every so often, grinning at one another and listening to the sounds from the shower.

Meri glanced in that direction then turned her gaze back to him, her expression questioning and dark with arousal. "They're having all the fun."

"I don't know about all of it..." Daryl made a low noise, releasing her wrists and resting his hands on her thighs.

Meriwa then grinned at him, her eyes glinting mischievously. "We can have our fair share?"

Daryl smiled at the question in her voice, sliding one hand up to cup the back of her head and pull her into a gentle yet deep kiss as the rest of the morning dissolved into a haze of ecstasy that soon had Meri collapsing onto his chest, panting as he shifted down the couch and stretched out beneath her, just holding her close as he listened to their breathing and heart rates return to normal. She was asleep in a few minutes, and he was half dozing himself when he felt the couch shift. Daryl opened his eyes to find Ryker sitting on the far end under their tangled legs. Carbry was perched on the arm of the couch at Daryl's head, leaning on the back of it and reaching one arm down to run his fingers through Meri's hair just as Ryker was sliding his hands up the legs of Daryl's pants and rubbing his muscles idly.

Both men were wearing only towels wrapped around their waists, hair dripping as though they barely took time to towel off before coming out of the bathroom. Ryker was smirking, though there was a look of easy contentment on his face that told Daryl everything was perfectly alright with the man. And Carbry had that adorable love sick expression that was reserved only for Meriwa. Daryl just grinned and closed his eyes, relaxing into the utter bliss of the moment.