Trick or Treat

Carbry

Smiling as he half-guided, half-carried the cowboy back to Ryke and Meri, Carbry found himself savouring the scent of the other man. In fact, when Daryl leaned more heavily on him, Carbry sighed contentedly as the smell of the man's ruggedness, punctuated by the scent of Car's mate, grew stronger.

Meri's sweet-smelling essence clung to Daryl's skin just as surely as a few beads of sweat from the man's earlier exertion glistened in the lights of the dance floor. One bit of moisture lingered for a moment on the man's forehead before leaving a wet trail as the bead ran down the curve of Daryl's neck. Carbry's eyes followed that bead of sweat until it made its way to the thin orange material of the scandalous orange crop top he was wearing and was absorbed by the cheap spandex.

Carbry cleared his throat and shook his head while he gently guided Daryl around a glob of drunken security techs moving in what Car assumed they thought was some sort of dance. Anyway, the fact that Daryl smelled like Meriwa was unsurprising considering the two best friends had been all over each other the entire evening, lighting up the room with their inebriated joy. Her presence mingled with the cowboy's and created an enticing new aura that Carbry fought to keep himself from getting lost in.

Honestly, Carbry had arrived at the restroom in the nick of time. Daryl had needed rescuing from the vultures who had been circling him, two men who'd been nearly as drunk as the cowboy himself and whose eyes had been darkened by lust. They had only been flirting and doing their best to charm the cowboy who was as affable and friendly as he seemed to be with everyone. However, with all the newly hired people after the war, Alesky wasted no time in addressing the expectations of behaviour in his company and society at large.

"Even if he wasn't head over heels in love and committed to his mate, he is far too inebriated to consent to anything you two have in mind." Alesky growled, startling the two men when they realized just who was speaking.

One shifter rubbed the back of his neck and had the good grace to look down sheepishly at his feet, mumbling his agreement. The other one merely offered Alesky a placating smile. Eyes widened in fear, they'd soon vacated the space, giving up their interest in Daryl in favour of the party and the open bar where they wouldn't royally piss off the boss. Still, Carbry noted that man for the next working day. As primal and sensual as the supernatural world was, as much of a temptation as Daryl was to them all, it did not excuse pushing the ethical boundaries of his, or anyone's, bodily autonomy.

With just Daryl and himself left in the room, the cowboy had complained drunkenly that Carbry was watching him pee.

For what it was worth, Carbry hadn't been watching Daryl pee, but Car's claims had done little to persuade the cowboy he was wrong. For some reason, the man had just gotten it into his head that Car had been ogling him.

Carbry did his best to reassure the cowboy as he casually looked at his phone, scrolling through emails while he waited for the man to wash his hands.

"I know you see more than people think, and I know you have that secret bossy way of just doing everything without people noticing, I know you could see me." Daryl mumbled, and though he was trying his best to be serious, his petulance was adorable.

Even more so when the cowboy turned to face him, tight hot-pants still undone, though luckily he had some sort of underwear on to maintain a small amount of decency. Carbry smirked, though he found himself realizing the man was probably wearing a thong, with how skin tight those pants were. "Daryl."

The cowboy scowled at him, which was about as heated as a kitten trying to growl at its mother, crossing his arms over his chest. "What?"

Carbry raised a brow and flicked his eyes down to Daryl's crotch. "You'll give Ryker a heart attack if you go out like that."