Vacay

Carbry

Of all the myriad of things he had expected when he suggested to Meriwa that they have a getaway after a busy couple months, winding up in a log cabin in the backwoods of the mountains was not one of them. They weren't even at a high end ski resort with amenities, though he half wondered if she had planned for a place where wifi and data was spotty at best. He had been gone a lot, though the fact that Meriwa had the ability to be anywhere she wanted in a blink of an eye had its perks as she wouldn't go more than a day or two without appearing to be with him for some of the down time he had during the day.

The world was a powder keg of instability, and Carbry felt like he was spreading thin with his resources finding ways to put out the flames of chaos. Most of his more trusted team members had been sent out the door to various Orders to deal with the aftermath of removing the cancer that had almost consumed them all. Eliza, Tim, Ryker, even Bryn, had all shouldered the new responsibilities and fought the same battles he did every day.

The rest of the teams balanced keeping them safe, sometimes in veritable war zones, and keeping their home turf as stable as possible.

But, as he stepped out of the cabin and his gaze lowered on Meriwa, who was bundled up and sitting on the porch in Ryker's lap as the two of them watched Daryl chop wood, Carbry couldn't fault her vacation choice in the least.

It was below freezing and chilly, but it wasn't a painful cold, though he frowned when he saw Daryl strip out of another layer and toss his toque to the side before hefting the large axe back into his arms. There was already far more kindling beside the cowboy than Carbry could foresee them using any time soon. Daryl was in a t-shirt now, and the cold didn't seem to affect him as he lifted the axe and lowered it with a tremendous swing. In truth, Daryl seemed rather adept at splitting wood and was admittedly a beautiful sight to see.

There were times that Carbry understood why Ryker could sometimes get territorial about the man. There was a preternatural attractiveness to Daryl that only seemed to become more apparent with each passing day. Even with Daryl finally coming to terms with and controlling the abilities he had picked up from encountering other supernaturals as well as the goddess within Meri, including the sex god-like ability to send someone to climax with a mere handshake, the man was still a handful. Carbry couldn't imagine what it would feel like to also have the soul wrenching bond of a mate on top of that.

"You keep that up and you're going to have to cut down more trees." Carbry spoke then laughed softly, causing Daryl to stop and swing the axe up easily onto his shoulder as he turned to face the three of them with his characteristic charming smile.

"Meri said we needed more wood." Daryl offered a shrug to go with that deceptively innocent expression, and Car turned to see the absolutely devilish grins on the faces of Meri and Ryker. The best part about it was that Car was certain Daryl knew exactly what he was saying and just what innuendos he was making about all that 'wood.'

But the innocence and humility worked for the cowboy and made the other two deliriously happy.

The one thing Carbry knew was that Daryl wasn't a demanding lover and would stand back and observe the three of them without any qualms, but Carbry knew Meri had developed a taste for watching him. So, he left her in Ryker's capable hands and stalked off the porch and toward Daryl.

"You, cowboy, are incorrigible." Carbry literally purred as he reached Daryl, snatching the axe out of the man's grip with one hand as the other ran through his hair and kissed him hard.

"I just aim to please." Daryl's words were soft, quiet enough that Carbry was sure only he could hear them once he'd let the man up for air. Smiling, Carbry grabbed the axe from him and tossed it to the side, drawing a noise of concern out of Daryl.

"The head is going to get covered in rust."

Carbry kissed him again, holding him from turning to go retrieve the damned tool before turning Darly and backing him up against the side of the woodshed. "Do I need to explain exactly the only head I'm concerned about right now?"

Daryl shook his head and let his hands roam until Carbry grabbed both of the man's wrists and pinned them above his head, transferring the grip to one hand as their bodies pressed together. The contact made Daryl arch, and the sensuous grinding motion the man was making nearly drove Carbry insane.

The sounds of the others on the porch only added to the intensity as Carbry whispered words of intimacy into Daryl's ear. Following the man's nod, Carbry set about making the most of their vacation and soon the four of them were spent, and it was only the shivers of the humans that Ryker and himself pulling back and carrying the two half dazed, quasi-humans inside.

Without speaking, he and Ryker put them both on the large couch together, still only half clothed, covered in a blanket as Carbry turned to the task of starting a fire while Ryker began to carry wood in, along with various clothing items, from outside.