𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩

ah yes, a long awaited cute chapter. you're
welcome 😘

 you'rewelcome 😘

oinks 🥺

saturday 7:03 a.m.

oinks 🥺
holy fuck
you texted me back!
call me.

the ping of her phone had woke her up. she had only been asleep for about an hour, before his text. she picked up her phone quickly, unlocking it and squinting at the brightness of the screen. her eyes scanned over his message, and suddenly she was nervous as hell.

she clicked on the little phone icon under his name and pressed it to her ear. it's rung only twice before he picked up. she could hear some shuffling and then, "well, look who finally decides to call their best friend back. bitch." she smiled a little at this. "sorry, twink." y/n pushed the hair out of her face, smiling more at the sound of his scoffing.

"are you okay? like do i have to beat someone up or was it really my fault?" his question nearly made her heart stop. "you couldn't beat someone up, plus, you aren't the physical fighting type." she dodged his question.

"hm. you're avoiding it. so it was my fault, then?" he asked, and was only met by the idle static of the phone call for a moment. "what do you mean? why would it be your fault?" her heart was practically beating out of her chest. "hey, what do you say about going and getting mochi?" it was his turn to dodge the question. "yeah, sure. when?" she glanced over at the clock, "7:45."

they agreed upon the time, and hung up. at that point, she only had about a half an hour, so she hurried to get ready. she didn't put much into it, it was just oikawa anyway. she opted for sweatpants, and a {insert something you like ig?} t-shirt. she put her hair into a bun (if you have long hair that is, if not just improvise.)

"why are you up so early?" chikara spoke, he was sitting in the living room with a bowl of cereal and watching some talk show. "i'm going and getting mochi with oikawa." she answered simply. the male enoshita choked on his frosted flakes, coughing. "what? you finally talked to him?" he asked after regaining his composure. y/n nodded, slipping her shoes on. "um— okay? be safe i guess? make good decisions? tell him you love him!" she shot a glare at him, only for him to laugh in response.

she left without another word, clearly annoyed with her brother. it wasn't a long walk to the mochi shop she adored so much, but it felt like it took a million years. she was planning out what to say in her head, better yet, thinking of what he was going to say. did he know? he made it seem like he knew something, but oikawa was somewhat of a bluffer.

she must've been a little late, because when she arrived, she could see tōru already sitting there. he scrolled through his phone, sitting in their regular seats, a small plate with her beloved mochi sitting on the side opposite him.

she pushed open the door, a small bell ringing to signify her arrival. she dug gently felt extremely under dressed, seeing as everyone in the shop was dressed cute as hell. including oikawa. does he always look like that, or is it just because i haven't seen him in a week? she thought to herself, her gaze meeting his. a smile bubbled onto his face, waving at her.

her nervousness seemed to fade. she waved back, a small smile also making its way onto her face as she approached him. she sat down with his eyes following her, he waited for her to settle before he spoke. "hurry up and eat that, cause we're going on a walk." she quirked a brow at him. hadn't he wanted to talk? sure, it was better to discuss such a matter not in a restaurant, but it seemed odd to her. she nodded nonetheless, and ate the doughy magic that was strawberry mochi.

a small buzz sounded from her pocket, that she recognized as her phone. she was going to simply ignore it, but then it buzzed again. she pulled it out, originally only to silence it, but the screen lit up with two notifications from oikawa. she glanced up at him, confused as to why he had texted her when he could've just spoken. he didn't look back, and just looked down at his phone with a bored expression.

she opened it, obviously.

oinks 🥺

[ oikawa tōru has changed your name
to mochi 🍡<3]

oinks 🥺
attachment: 1 image

attached was a picture taken but a moment ago. her, a smile as she looked down at the mochi. her face felt hot at this, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked up at him again. he looked back at her this time, a smug smile playing on his face. she rolled her eyes a bit, resting her cheek in one of her hands in an attempt to make it less noticeable that she was flustered. if he noticed, he didn't say anything. and she finished her mochi in peace.

as soon as she was done, oikawa practically dragged her out, and onto the streets. the air felt nice, not too cool, not to warm. they didn't talk for a minute, until they reached a park. the same one she had run to that first day she met him, after their fight. "so." he began, his gaze locked on the grassy ground. "i—" she was about to explain herself, but oikawa cut her off, pulling her into a hug.

she felt stiff at first. sure she'd made physical contact with him many times, but usually to hit him, or the very occasional small side hug. "you're going to make this very awkward if you don't hug me back right now." he said, nearly a whispered. she snapped out of her shocked state, and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"if you're going to be mad at me, can you just yell at me or something next time? i thought you were dead." his voice was somewhere between concern and humor, but it made her feel guilty nonetheless. "i'm sorry." she mumbled into his shoulder. again, avoiding the question he kept posing.

they stayed like that for a minute longer, before they awkwardly coughed it off. "okay, touchy, what did you want to talk about?" she asked. he looked at her, very obviously suppressing some smart ass remark. "i know, y/n-chan."

— not edited
sorry for yet another cliffhanger </3
but the book it close to being over !!