𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

y/n was always the competitive type. whether it was she herself playing, or watching others. so it was needless to say that she was the tiniest bit excited. after all, this meant she could see just how much seijoh's team had improved since that day on the court. she knew that with oikawa's mentality, after that loss they had practiced even harder, worked more.

"and where are you going?" the slightly younger enoshita asked his sister, watching as she slung her bag over her shoulder. "super secret spy mission, can't tell you." she quipped, giving him a small smile. "to...?" he urged her on. "not far. i'm going to a volleyball game, if you must know. for manager reasons. now, don't forget to do your homework, call me if you need me, dinner is in the oven. bye!" she left him confused as she walked out, shutting the door behind her. "tch," he clicked his tongue in annoyance, "okay, mom."

— teensy timeskip brought to you by that picture of teensy osamu drinking water, you know the one.

it was a short train ride, with few stops, but she eventually made it to aoba johsai a little before five, perfect timing. she made her way inside, ducking past a few clusters of oikawa's fangirls, and even one or two of iwaizumi's. she found a seat in the front, on seijoh's side of the court and took it. she could see the players talking to one another in the corner, stretching. she took this opportunity to grab her notebook and pen, flipping it open to a new page. she was about to jot something down when her a buzz from her jacket pocket made her jump slightly in surprise.

twink 🙄

twink 🙄
y/n-chan, front and centre? guess i'll have to be on my a game.

she rolled her eyes at the message, her head lifting to look at the court, where tōru oikawa stared seemingly into her soul. she flipped him off, before texting a reply.

sugar daddy 😏
creep.
and you should be on your a game every time, dumbass

she didn't look back up afterwards, ignoring the buzz that was probably a reply from him. she grabbed her pen again, writing in titling letters at the top: AOBA JOSAI. even when off duty, a manager was still a manager.

the first thing she noticed, was how everything but the captain-ly side of him seemed to shut off as soon as that starting buzzer sounded. it was like he was mentally shifting gears, or becoming a different person. she took notice of the deadly look in his eye as he spun the ball between his palms. so that's where kageyama got that from. she thought, even noticing the similarities between oikawa's serve and kageyama's own. she realized just how wrong she was when she called his volleyball skills trash. though, she stood firm on the other part of that statement.

and the other members of the team seemed much better also. they moved as one, in sync, and not bumping and arguing as they had done in their match against karasuno.

it didn't take long for them to win. she knew they would. the game wasn't even close. she waited for oikawa's groupies to dissipate before she even attempted to leave, busying herself with her game notes.

she must have gotten lost in it, because she felt a tap on her head. she looked up to see oikawa, who now wore an aoba johsai hoodie and joggers. "huh?"  she let out a confused noise, her eyes looking around the nearly empty gymnasium. "what's that? hm?" he took the notebook from her lap, his eyes scanning over the words, even when she protested.

"wow! you take this manager stuff pretty seriously!" he chuckled, handing her notebook back. she shot him a glare as she tucked it into her bag. "waiting for me, huh? cute." her face burned with annoyance. "fuck you. i was waiting for people to leave so i wouldn't die." she spoke bitterly, rolling her eyes at him.

"i know, y/n-chan. i'm just teasing, calm down." he smiled at her, before turning and motioning for her to walk. "come on, i'm guessing you took the train, and i have to take it too." he spoke, making his way down the stairs, with y/n behind him.