𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙮, 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙮, 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙮

the food was gone in the morning. chikara smiled at this. if he knew anything about his sister, it was that she was stubborn as hell, but she'd never turn down food. especially when it was the dino nuggets she liked.

meanwhile, y/n was dead asleep. it was noon, and she was holed up in her room for what she liked to call "hibernation station". every once in a while, something would upset her, and she would spend the next week or so sleeping for the majority of the day. eventually, chikara would be fed up with it and would force her to talk about her problems, and she'd get through it.

it was about the fifth day of said hibernation period.
currently, y/n was having a bizarre dream. something about the economic downfall of japan? she had watched the purge a few hours earlier. so it made sense.

just as she was about to ditch her assailant, a knock rung out. she was confused at first, ducking behind a dumpster and looking around. another knock. it sounded distant, echoing. and again. only this time, her dream slipped her mind as she opened her eyes slightly.

"what?" her gravelly voice called out. "come out here." her brother spoke from the other side of the door. she let out an exasperated groan, which caused chikara to roll his eyes. "fine, can i come in then?" she thought for a second. her still sleepy eyes glanced over at the clock, 12:15 p.m. "yeah," she answered reluctantly.

the door knob turned, and chikara's head popped in. when she gave him a lazy nod, he entered the room fully, shutting the door behind him. she huffed, pulling the blanket over her shoulders as he sat on the end of her bed. "i don't wanna have an intervention yet. it's only tuesday." she pouted slightly. the male enoshita pinched the bridge of his nose, "it's thursday. i covered for you at school, by the way."

"thanks." she gave him a small smile. he sighed. "you gotta talk about it now. you haven't been to school since friday, you haven't answered your phone, you haven't even spoken to mom." she exhaled through her nose, staying quiet. "come on, y/n. just tell me why you're so upset. whatever it is, we can work through it."

she stayed quiet for another moment. chikara looked at her expectantly, to which she just shrugged. "i don't know why i'm upset." he tilted his head in a questioning manner, to which she pursed her lips, thinking.

she huffed, sitting up and pulling her knees to her chest. "i'm worried, i think. oikawa had a date the other day." she shrugged again. chikara snorted quietly. "you're worried? or are you jealous?" his tone was teasing. she drew her eyebrows together, sending a small glare his way. "i'm not jealous. why would i be." she rolled her eyes, looking at the ground. "i don't know y/n. you go to all of his games, you talk to him twenty-four seven, and you talk about him. you guys go on little dates all the time! maybe you like him?" chikara suggested.

she shook her head furiously. "no! we're just friends! really, really good friends." she denied. "and we don't go on dates." she added quietly. he gave her a look of disbelief. "oh yeah? then what do you call going to get food all the time?" he pressed on, he wasn't a very persistent person, so this surprised her.  "hanging out." she deadpanned

he put his hands up i'm mock defense. "deny it all you want, y/n. but you know i'm right." he have her a small smile, then left her with her thoughts.