𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

she did as he had told her. she hopped on the train, having an early out of school for her tutor program, a little before classes ended. she had only been to aoba johsai high a time or two, so finding the gym was a small struggle. she eventually found it, with the help of wall signs.

when she pushed the doors open she found it nearly empty, with only two boys who conversed in the far side of the gym. they turned to look at the girl, who they didn't recognize.

"uh, hi!" she waved to them, awkwardly. even more so when they didn't wave back. she figured oikawa must still be in the locker room, so she kept her head down and sat on the bleachers, waiting.

"can we help you?" the voice startled her, y/n had zoned out at some point, and she didn't realize the two boys had approached her. "oh, sorry! i'm waiting for oikawa. he's sup—" one of the boys, a strawberry blonde who looked very sleepy, scoffed, elbowing his equally sleepy looking friend. "fangirls aren't supposed to be in here, you know."

she raised her eyebrows in amusement, mimicking his scoff. "bold of you to assume i'm a fan of him." the two boys exchanged a look of disbelief, but didn't say anything. "i'm enoshita y/n, from karasuno high school." a spark of recognition reflected in their eyes, a smug smile making its way onto the sleepy boys' faces. "i'm hanamaki takehiro, that's matsukawa issei." hanamaki introduced the both of them. "great, could you do me a favor and tell your captain to hurry his ass up?"

"what ass?" matsukawa spoke for the first time, in a quiet mumble, before the both of them walked off to the locker room. oikawa emerged not two minutes later, a vexed look on his face. "took you long enough!" she remarked, causing him to let out a humorless laugh. "ha ha. you should've texted to tell me you were here. anyway, mad dog isn't here yet, so just chill here and try not to be annoying, yeah?" he gave her a small sarcastic smile.

she let out a dramatic whistle. "someones in a mood. what's wrong, captain? someone kick your puppy?" he rolled his eyes. "no. just— go sit on the bleachers. i'll be right back, okay?" she kept her smartass remarks to herself this time, because of his obviously stressed tone. she placed her bag on the ground in front of her and took her seat in the bleachers. not long after, the rest of the team came out, chatting amongst themselves.

oikawa waved her over, walking to the railing that separated the upper bleachers and the floor. she descended the stairs and rested her elbows against said railing. "he should show up eventually. but in the meantime, you have the privilege of watching us practice. try not to stare." he sounded much more like himself this time, his signature playful smile on his face. she laughed through her nose, shaking her head as she spoke, "don't flatter yourself." he tilted his head condescendingly at this, a teasing look on his face. "who said i was talking about me?" her smile dropped, a look of frustration replacing it. she leaned over the railing, slapping him in the shoulder, mumbling something along the lines of cocky bitch. as she returned to her seat.