𝙤𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙬𝙖 𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙪 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘 𝙢𝙖𝙣

are you guys ready? no

are you guys ready? no. no you're not. also, i'm really sorry that this is half assed as fuck— yk how i feel about this book ✌🏻

" what do you wanna do? " it had been twenty minutes since the two left y/n's house, and they had just arrived at the carnival. it was loud, though comfortable in a way. he shrugged, eyes looking over all the excitement. "how about that?" he asked, pointing to a haunted house, just a little ways down the row. she looked at him skeptically, "are you sure you can handle it?" he shot her a cocky smile sand nodded. "don't worry y/n-chan! i'll protect you." she rolled her eyes, but conceded nonetheless.

he led her to the entrance, where he handed two tickets to the worker. he let them in the dark pop-up building, and oikawa took this as his que to wrap an arm around y/n's shoulders. she stifled a laugh at his attempt at being slick, but kept her mouth shut and let him. it was a dimly lit hallway, illuminated by lanterns she had seen at dollar tree the previous week.

they came into an open room, filled with mirrors. "wait!" oikawa suddenly ripped himself from y/n's side, running to a mirror. the brunette looked at his hair in horror, "y/n-chan! why didn't you tell me my hair looked like shit?" he whined. "it's fine, you big baby!" she rolled her eyes at oikawas pouting face as he began moving his hair to his liking. the girl let her eyes slip over to the 'hidden' exit in the corner of the room. she looked back to oikawa, who was engrossed in his hair.

who wouldn't want to fuck with oikawa, right? so she took it upon herself to sneak out of the exit, effectively going undetected. she allowed herself a quiet laugh, as she went through another dimly lit hall. all she had to do was find her way out, and then wait for oikawa. no doubt he would whine about how she ditched him, but it would be worth it for  the pouty look on his face.

in fact, she could hear him coming down the hall at that moment. "y/n-chan! you're so mean to me," she clasped her hand over her mouth to silence a laugh, before maneuvering her way out of the haunted house. she hid behind the haystack that was conveniently next to the exit. "where the hell—ah!" oikawa jumped in surprise as he too exited the structure, seeing as y/n shouted an enthusiastic: "boo!"

he scrunched his eyebrows together, poking his lip out. ah yes, the famous pouty face she adored so much. she snorted, doubling over in laughter at his cross armed form. "i—i'm sorry it's just! you're face!" she gasped for air, recovering slowly from her laughing fit. "yeah y/n-chan. you're totally right. let's go now! i wanna go on the ferris wheel!" his mood changed in the blink of an eye, his face lighting up. she drew her eyebrows together in confusion, allowing him to wrap his hand around her wrist and lead her through the crowd.

the line wasn't very long, in fact, there was only about 15 or so other people. and, again conveniently, the wheel happened to be unloading. they progressed to the front in no time. the carnie man was about to open the next basket, but oikawa stopped him. "uh, actually, could we have number 7?" oikawa gave his most charming smile. the carnie was confused, but nodded nonetheless. "come on, y/n-chan. thank you!" he exclaimed to the man before stepping into basket seven with y/n right behind him.

his hand over her eyes shielded her from seeing whatever he didn't want her to see, as he sat her down next to him in the large bubble like cart.    "y/n-chan, do you know why i chose cart seven?" his sounded like he was scheming, an uncommon sound from oikawa. "uh, no?" she shook her head lightly. "because. it's how many days it took me to realize how i felt about you."

her cheeks felt warm, "are you talking about when we became friends?" she heard him chuckle a bit, "yeah. that day we went out with iwa, and you said you'd tolerate me? not to sound pathetic, but i was about to fangirl right there. and that day, when i got home, i was thinking about you, and what you said.
and i was like, oh. my. god. i'm so obsessed with this bitch!" she couldn't help but smile at his choice of words.

"i swear to god, bitchykawa, if you fucking propose right now—" she warned, only to be cut off by his laugh. "not yet, y/n-chan. if you're that eager to marry me, you could've said so." he teased, before removing his hand from her eyes. she blinked a few times, waiting for her eyes to adjust, before she realized the plate of mochi on the seat across from them. it was alien shaped, with the words, "be shittykawa's girlfriend." written in messy sharpie on the plate. "i— yeah?" she was confused, but laughed nonetheless.

he sighed in relief. "really? and here i was worrying that you'd say something nerdy about alien dick or something !" she shoved his shoulder, before wrapping her arms around his neck.

you could say they... kiss kiss, fell in love.

bonus !

they pulled away , y/n eyeing the plate. "how— what did you even do?" she asked, tilting her head. "well, when you so rudely abandoned me, i happened to text iwa-chan, who happens to live three minutes from here, to ask if he could pick me up some alien shaped mochi and make it really cute in cart seven of the ferris wheel! clearly, he doesn't know what cute means, but it's the effort that counts, i guess. " she shook her head at her dramatic boyfriend. "it still doesn't make sense to me..." she mumbled, to which oikawa only wiggled his eyebrows. "don't you know tōru oikawa is a magic man? i'm outta this world, baby."

SIGH.
FINALLY ITS OVER.
you guys deserved much better— i'm so sorry. this was rushed, but i couldn't bring myself to write a good chapter.

now, before you start screeching

there will be one more chapter.
the epilogue. so if you're curious where they are a few years from now, stay tuned. i promise i won't take three weeks this time. give me like a day or two.

but if you don't care, then thanks for reading!

until next time,
mars
out ⛓✨‼️

not edited.