Chapter 2

I woke up in my bed, sore from last night. I got up, and went downstairs to the kitchen to get breakfast. Alfred was at the table, finishing his cereal. "Good morning, Amelia," Alfred said. "Good morning, Alfred," I replied. "Your father is down in the basement if you're looking for him," Alfred said, putting his bowl in the sink. "I'll go down in a few minutes," I replied. "Alright, then," Alfred replied as he walked away. I got myself some breakfast and sat down at the table to eat. After I finished, I decided to head down to the basement, also known as the Batcave. "Nice to see you're awake," my dad said as I approached him. "Good morning to you, too, Dad," I replied. "Very funny. How did you sleep after last night?" he asked. "Good. Still a bit sore, though," I replied. "Okay. We have a meeting with Mr. Fox later on. He wants to show us new equipment," he said. "So I finally get to see Wayne Enterprises?" I asked with much excitement. "Yes. And I need you to dress up a bit. It is my work," he replied. "Sure, Dad," I replied. I headed back upstairs to my room and went to take a shower.

We left the Wayne Mansion in my dad's brand new black Lamborghini. We pulled into the parking lot of Wayne Enterprises not even 20 minutes later. My dad stepped out of the car, and came around to open my door for me. After I stepped out, he carefully closed the door. We entered Wayne Enterprises, and headed straight to Fox's office. "Mr. Wayne, how are you this morning?" Fox asked as we entered. "Very well. I'd like you to meet my daughter, Amelia," My dad replied. "Hello and nice to meet you, Amelia," Fox said, holding out his hand. I gladly shook his hand and replied, "Nice to finally meet you too, sir. My dad has told me lots about you." "I hope it wasn't bad, Mr. Wayne," Fox replied. "No no, never, Fox," he replied. "Let's get to work, shall we?" Fox said, leading us through a bookshelf door. The three of us were soon entering a gigantic room filled with gadgets that all belong to my father. Fox lead us to a garage door, and opened the door for us. When the door completely opened, there stood a brand new, what Fox called, Batplane. "I call it The Bat," he informed us. "Wow. What a beauty," my father said. "It's quite the thing. And I had it specially made in black for you, Mr. Wayne," Fox spoke. "Aha, thanks sir. Always appreciate it," my dad replied. "And don't worry, there's a seat for you, too, Amelia. And there's a new tumbler coming in with two Batpods, so Amelia will have her own," Fox informed us. "That's awesome, Fox. Now every day will be 'bring your daughter to work' day," he replied. Fox chuckled and looked at the floor, then back at my father. "Yes it will. Just make sure she doesn't end up in the Joker's hands. He's a wild one," Fox replied. "I'm aware. And thank you, Fox. This is just what we were after," my dad replied. "Anytime, Mr. Wayne. And nice to meet you, Amelia. Take care, guys," Fox replied before walking back to the door to get to his office. "Want to take it home?" my dad asked. "If I can drive the Lamborghini," I replied. "Fox will take care of the car. Come on, I know you want to go home in this thing," my dad said, pointing to the Batplane. "Yeah, let's go," I said, walking to the Batplane. "Not so fast, Amelia. Get in your suit first," my dad said. "Dad...come on. Really?" I said. "Yes. You know not to go in any of the big vehicles without your suit on," he replied. "Oh alright," I said, going over to where my spare suit was held (which is identical to my father's). We quickly put our suits on and hopped into the Batplane, and on our way back home.

Once we landed in the Batcave, my dad shut off the Batplane and turned to me, saying, "I'm going to stay down here and clean up a bit. If you want to go upstairs, you can." "Yea, I'll go upstairs after I change out of this," I said while taking my mask off. We both got out of the Batplane, and went our separate ways. I changed out of my suit, and locked it up next to my dad's. "If you need me, I'll be upstairs," I told him as I finished locking up my suit. He simply nodded, and I headed upstairs.

After a few hours of cleaning up my room a bit, there was a knock at the front door. I peered out into the hallway, going to answer the door, when I saw Alfred taking care of it. I decided to listen in on what they were saying, when Alfred called for me. "Amelia! Come down here please," he called. I made my way downstairs, and went over to Alfred. "These two men would like to see your father. Can you go get him, please?" he asked. I nodded, and ran off to the Batcave. "Dad? Are you still down here?" I asked, quite loudly. "Yea, what do you need?" he asked from a place where I couldn't see him. He peered out from where he was after a moment of silence, and came over to me. "There's someone at the door, and they want to see you," I replied. "Okay, let's go," he said, leading the way out. We arrived at the door, where Alfred was standing with Commissioner Gordon and another policeman. "Hello, Mr. Wayne. I would like to introduce you to someone," Gordon said, motioning to the policeman beside him. "John Blake. Nice to meet you sir," he spoke, shaking my father's hand. "Nice to meet you, sir. This is my daughter, Amelia," my father replied, motioning to me. "Beautiful," John Blake whispered, only loud enough for himself to hear. "He's new to the force. Don't worry, I've spoken to him about you. It's nothing to worry about. You can trust him," Gordon said. "Okay. Thank you. I'm sure I'll be seeing him quite often. Do you want to stay for awhile so I can get to know him?" my father asked. Gordon thought about it for a minute before replying, "Yea, if you don't mind." "Alright. Wonderful," my father replied. The five of us headed to the living room, and spread out among the sectional couch. While John was telling us his background, my father and I exchanged glances a few times, because we were both starting to figure this man out. When he finished, I looked at my father, who was ready to ask what I assumed he was going to ask. "Wait, what is your full name again?" my father asked. I mentally facepalmed, but then realized where he was going with this. "Robin John Blake," John replied. "Really? And you said you knew me from when we were in school?" my father asked. "Yes, I remember you quite well, now that I look back at it," he replied, "I remember you from the boy's home. I remember they always had a fantasy of you being the Batman. I remember that smile you put on that day. It's the same one I've taught myself to put on." My father didn't reply, but I knew that somehow Blake had now gained my father's trust. And to be honest, gaining my father's trust wasn't an easy thing to do. In fact, it was such a hard task, he had trouble trusting me before he even let me into the Batcave. My father is a very secretive person. He hides a lot, and keeps a lot to himself. He's told me stories, but what I've noticed is that he's never talked about his parents. Or my mom. I've tried to ask Alfred, but he only tells me that he'll tell me when I'm ready. 

"Amelia," my father said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What?" I replied, and saw Gordon and John standing up, along with my father. "We'll be heading out. It was very nice to see you, Amelia," Gordon said. John nodded in agreement, and I stood up next to my father. "Yes, it was. I hope to see you again," John added. "It was nice to meet you, too, John. See you later, Commissioner," I replied to both of them. They said their goodbyes to my dad and headed out. Alfred closed the door, and I could tell he knew what my father was going to say. "Does someone have a crush on you or what?" my dad asked me with a smirk, while Alfred nodded in agreement. "Who, John? You think so?" I asked eagerly. "Did you not see the way he was looking at you?" my dad asked, sounding like a high school kid. "Dad, you're crazy. There is no way someone can have a crush on someone they barely know," I replied. "Amelia. It's possible. Don't get down on yourself. And if it makes you feel any better, I'd let you date him. I mean, I will need to talk to him a bit about it, but don't stress. You'll be fine," my dad replied. "But what if things don't work out?" I asked. "Amelia. Everything will be fine. Yes, it'll take some time, but don't stress about it. Everything will be alright," he replied. "I sure hope so," I replied, walking back to my room.