Chapter 4 Part III

I froze in place, afraid of who or what was behind me.

"Don't. Move," Nightwing mouthed to me when I looked over to him.

I slowly began to pull out my gun, getting ready to destroy whatever is behind me.

"Where are you headed off to this early, darling?"

I recognize that voice from anywhere.
Bane.

It stayed silent for a minute, but then he spoke again.

"Afraid to answer me, I see. I mean, I don't see what's wrong."

"You're wrong. And get away from her," my dad said, VERY angrily.

"What if I don't?", Bane asked, and took a step closer to me.

I looked to my Dad, then to Nightwing. They looked at each other, as if they were having a full blown conversation without talking.

Bane took a step closer, his chest to my back. Let me tell you, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

My Dad and Nightwing looked at Bane, then my Dad disappeared.

There was suddenly nobody behind me. Nightwing was looking past me, and I turned to see my father ready to toss Bane over the edge.

Nightwing stepped closer to me, making sure my Dad wasn't watching.
"Hey I wanted to talk to you alone, but I guess this will have to do. I was just wondering if you felt the same way that I do. Because all heroic acts aside, you're one of the strongest people I know. And you're beautiful, which is a plus," he said from behind me.

"And I'd like to mention that I've had a little crush on you. And like you said, all heroic acts aside," I replied.

"Really?", he replied.

He kissed me quick before taking off into the dark night.