Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning, quickly remembering what happened last night.

Nightwing kissed me.

I got up and made my way to the kitchen to make myself some coffee and let last night's memories fade away. Well, not completely. Because something about that kiss I just couldn't forget.

You ever have that one kiss and no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to forget how their lips moved perfectly with yours?

Yep, that's me.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a small knock at the door. I got up to answer it, because it was 6:30 am on the dot and no one else was awake yet.

"Robin. Good morning," I greeted.

"Hey. I really need to talk to you about last night."

We headed to the kitchen, where we sat across from each other.

"I can't believe I'm saying this only because I don't mean to scare you, and I know what you've been through, so while I'm ahead I just wanted to tell you how I feel."

I sat there shocked, and he continued.

"I'm -"

"Robin. I'm not scared if that's what you're trying to ask."

"No, I'm not asking that. I just wanted to know if you'd be my girlfriend."

"I would love to, Robin."

He looked up at me, relieved. I saw hope in his eyes. He had wanted this for a while, and so had I. I knew it when I met him.

Both of us stood up, and he took my hand into his. He looked me in the eyes, then to my lips, then back to my eyes. He leaned in, and I did too. And damn, that was the most beautiful kiss.

We pulled away to take a breath, and he whispered four words that really meant something to me.

"Amelia, I love you."

Overjoyed, I replied, "I love you too, Robin."

"Well it's about time you kids get together," my Dad said from behind us.

Robin turned around to face my father and said, "Mr. Wayne, I promise you this. I won't let anything happen to her. She is my everything and I swear-"

"Robin. Don't swear. That's a little rude," my father said jokingly, "But continue."

"I swear I will do anything and everything I can to keep her happy, safe, and loved. And that includes stepping in front of a bullet for her."

"Keep your promise, Robin. I do trust you with my daughter and I want you to know that she is all I have left. Don't change that," my dad replied.

"Yes sir," Robin replied.

My dad headed upstairs to tell Alfred the news, but stopped halfway to say, "If she's pregnant within the next year I will end you."

"Understood, Mr. Wayne."

He continued upstairs, and Robin and I were left alone. We talked about different things, and even watched a movie together.

Best. Day. Ever.