Chapter 18 - Shopping

!Smut Warning!

"I'm sorry for what Blaise said," Rowan said quietly into the now pitch-black room. If she had to guess, it was somewhere around two in the morning, and she was still awake. Her guilty conscience nagging her every time she would begin to doze off. She didn't know if Severus was awake, but when he didn't respond, she assumed he was not. Despite this, Rowan kept talking softly. 

"I hope you know I don't mind that you still love Lily," Rowan began, sighing deeply. "I don't know if that makes me crazy or understanding. This thing we have is so complicated, but I have fallen for you, Severus Tobias Snape. That scares me," Rowan said as she looked over to see Severus' chest rise and fall rhythmically. "I can't ever compete with Lily. She was such a beautiful soul and I see it in Harry sometimes," She continued, feeling more comfortable now that she knew Severus was asleep. 

"I don't know if you'll want me forever, Severus. All I can hope is that you'll want me now. I can't be caring like Lily was. I'll never be as smart as I've heard people say she was. What I can be, is there for you," Rowan carefully reached over and grabbed ahold of Severus' hand, being sure not to wake him. 

"Perhaps one day, you'll love me as you did her. Even if you never do, it would be an honor to have my heart broken by such a wonderful soul as yours," She finished, closing her eyes. Finally, sleep consumed her as well and she curled up next to Severus.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Rowan, would you like to go shopping for presents with me?" Severus said as he placed his wand into the waistband of his pants. Rowan, who had been practicing a spell she wasn't very good at, looked up at her lover in glee. Throwing her legs onto the edge of the bed, she stood up and slowly walked over to him. "Aren't you scared someone will see us?" Rowan teased, biting her lower lip. Severus' eyes darkened as she bit the lip he so desperately wished to bite himself. "Is that a yes, Professor?" He asked in a low voice, his hand resting tightly on her lower back. 

Smiling, Rowan nodded and pecked his lips quickly. "I need to get ready!" She exclaimed, running into the bathroom. "Darling, I've seen you change. There's no need to go in there," Severus called out, rolling his eyes playfully. "I need to fix my hair, Sev," Rowan explained loudly from the bathroom. Severus just shook his head and sat down on the bed. He had thought her hair looked fine how it was. 

Around half an hour later, Rowan emerged from the bathroom to find Severus on the bed, reading. She was wearing an emerald green sweater and black jeans. Her usually wavy hair was now straight and had lost its usual bounce. Closing his book, Severus stood up and walked over to Rowan as he wrapped his hands around her waist. "You look lovely," He whispered, nibbling her ear slightly. "Thank you, Severus. Are you ready?" Rowan asked as she shivered slightly. 

"I am, are you okay apparating?" Severus asked as he pulled her closer to him. After last night, the last thing he ever wanted to do was to let go of her. Rowan shifted nervously and turned so she could face him. "I never have before," She said with a gulp. Severus, however, didn't seem surprised. "That's okay, it's not so bad. Just hold my hand," He said as he retrieved his wand. 

Rowan closed her eyes and felt the wind around her begin to swirl. Soon, she felt her feet land on solid ground once again. When she opened her eyes, they were standing in the middle of Diagon Alley. "Woah," She whispered, brushing her hair from her face. Severus simply chuckled and pecked her on the cheek discretely. "I'm going to pick up a few things you cannot see. Why don't you go and pick up a few things and we meet back here?" Severus offered and Rowan nodded understandingly. 

They parted their ways as Rowan entered a small candy shop and Severus entered a small bookshop. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .