Chapter 16 - Interruptions

"So, how about that tour?" Rowan said as she wrapped a fluffy robe around her body. Severus, who was in a robe almost identical to Rowan's, nodded as he let the water out of the tub. "I would love that," he said, his voice seemed more relaxed than Rowan had ever heard it. She smiled and placed a small kiss on his cheek before exiting the bathroom. 

Slipping out of her robe, she turned to Severus who raised his eyebrow curiously at her. "We can't go out there in robes," Rowan said as she walked over to his trunk and handed Severus a pair of plain sweat pants and a long-sleeve t-shirt. He thanked her before he quickly replaced the comfy robe with his pajamas. When he turned to Rowan, she was dressed in a pair of sleep pants and one of his t-shirts. "I hope you don't mind," She said, turning her head away in embarrassment. Severus grabbed ahold of her chin and turned her face toward his. "No worries, darling," He said, pecking her lips softly. 

With a bright smile, the pair exited their bedroom. They walked down the long hallway and Rowan stopped, turning to face the end of the corridor. "This is where most of the family's bedrooms are. Aida was so quick to move me in when I had no place to go," She explained before pointing to a room across from her own. "That's the guest bedroom. I assume that's where Millicent and Juniper will be staying,"

"Where does Mr. Zabini stay?" Severus asked, hoping it was far away from the bedroom they would share this break. Rowan chuckled and turned around to the opposite end of the hallway, closest to the stairs. "He's all the way over here. He was his mother's firstborn so I can only assume he was put there so she could watch over him," Rowan answered before starting to descend the large staircase very slowly. Normally, she would love running down these steps. After the earlier events, however, her muscles had begun to ache.  

Rowan took her time with the tour of the Zabini manor. She went over every micro detail and was sure to have a story about why she liked a certain room. For instance, she liked the dining room because one summer Blaise's twin sisters started a small food fight, resulting in Aida throwing a dinner roll at Blaise. Rowan said she was thankful for memories like that. They were things that she hadn't ever gotten with her biological family. Severus couldn't help but hope one day, they would share memories like that. 

The last place Rowan wanted to show Severus was the large living room she and Blaise loved to watch movies in. "And in here-" Rowan began but Severus quickly placed his strong hand over her mouth. At first, she was confused but then she saw what he had seen first. Blaise was in a heated kissing session with none other than Juniper. Rowan's eyes went wide and she didn't know what to think. Severus quickly picked her up and walked up the stairs, placing her down only when they had reached the top.

"What the hell was that?" Rowan exclaimed, doing her best to keep herself from yelling. Blaise hadn't ever shown any interest in Juniper, but Rowan knew all too well that Juniper had feelings for him. "You can talk to them later, but we must give them their privacy," Severus said in a calm voice. Rowan frowned, knowing he was right. She just hated that Blaise or Juniper hadn't mentioned that they were involved. Maybe they hadn't been until tonight.

"Calm your beautiful thoughts, Rowan. Take me back to your room," Severus said, holding out his hand to Rowan. She interlaced their fingers and soon they were back in her bedroom, sitting against the headboard. 

"What will the staff think of us being public," Rowan said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room. "Nobody says we have to tell them," Severus said as he peeled back the comforter so that he could slip underneath. Rowan thought about it for a moment, but she couldn't see a way that they could hide it anymore. She could barely keep her hands off of him. Not necessarily in a sexual way, either. She wanted to hold his hand and give him innocent kisses on his cheek when he would get broody. She just wanted to be around him.