[31]

Scott had called us for a meeting at his house after the ordeal with Jackson. I had spent the time since we left the warehouse alone in my car, Stiles had offered to drive me home but that was the last place I wanted to be. I was always taught with how to deal with grief like it wasn't even an emotion - we were trained to know that the job would take out some of us and that death didn't favour anyone. Even when my mother died I wasn't worn up, I knew she was safe and in a better place - I felt like that now, but the fear of being alone was slowly creeping in.

30 minutes of tears. That was all I needed. Just a quick release, that would be suffice.

My eyes scanned to my dashboard, reading 2:42am. Today had been a long enough day and I wasn't sure if I would be able to face everyone, especially Allison, after what had just went down. I knew that she wasn't at fault but I couldn't help but think that she was a part of Gerard's victory, and my father was dead because of it.

Chris had already spoken to me about living with them but honestly with Allison's mother having just passed away also I didn't think it would work, he had said he would help set me up with some accommodations and point me in the right directions so I was grateful for that.

Stiles had, of course, offered his house to me but I kindly declined. We were too new for anything like that and right now I had a whole load of baggage that I'm sure he isn't ready to unpack. We would take it slow, I had never experienced anything like this before and it wasn't something I would rush into full speed.

2:54am.

Wiping the tears from my cheeks and taking in a deep breath, my hands gripped the steering wheel with force. "You can do this...you are stronger than you know, this will be over soon and life will get back to normal" My head fell down, breathing out. "Normal"

As normal as being an orphan surrounded by the supernatural...normal.

Turning the engine over, the car started and I pulled off from the parking lot. My phone had buzzed a few times but I knew it was just Stiles checking that I was alright, I'd see him in a few minutes anyway at Scott's house and could tell him in person. As for Allison, I'd speak to her - make sure she knew that I understood it wasn't her fault, I know first hand how easy it is to be swept up in it - half of my childhood was spent in training and learning how to be a stone cold leader.

Scott's house was the only one in the street with it's lights still on as I pulled up and parked outside, the blue jeep I know and love positioned in front of me. A small smile crept across my face as I walked up the steps and opened the unlocked front door. Scott, Allison and Stiles all turned to me, all of them sort of not knowing what to say.

"Hi" My hand waved to them and Stiles walked over, enveloping me into a tight hug.

"Are you alright?" He whispered into my ear and I nodded into his chest.

"Yes, I'm good now, thank you" We walked over to the dining room table that they were all stood at. "What's the meeting for?"

Allison looked at me quickly before staring back down at the table. Scott shot me a look that said 'you okay?' before talking. "It's just a quick one, don't worry. I just wanted to let you all know that Jackson won't be staying in Beacon Hills anymore"

My eyebrows lifted. "Really? How come?"

"Well, he's supposed to be dead, remember? That'll be hard to explain to people when he suddenly shows up for school on Monday, so his parents are moving him to London for the next few years" Scott nodded at me, apparently I was the only person who didn't know this.