[20]

"Uh, this is a terrible idea, I can feel it" I touched up my lipstick in the mirror for the final time before I left the house. Allison was on video chat with me while she got ready for Lydia's party. "What if something happens?" Letting out an anxious sigh, I picked up my phone to look at her.

"If something happens then we deal with it when it happens, but it should hopefully be event free - I can't imagine that many people will be there, Lydia hasn't exactly been her usual popular self" She looked at me through the camera, making a shocked face. "Oh my god! You look amazing Ash!"

I blushed softly and chuckled at her. "You think so? I feel like i've not been to a party in years i'm a little nervous"

"Yes, and you'll be fine" I saw her pick up her bag through the phone and walk through her house. "I'm ready when you are, who's car are we taking?"

"I'll take mine, your house is on the way anyway and I can make sure you're home safe" Quickly slinging a bag over my shoulder, I laced my heels around my feet and grabbed my keys that sat on my chest of drawers. "Don't want any stalkers nabbing you up" I winked at her through the screen and she laughed at me.

"God, don't even joke about that - if he shows up tonight I don't know what i'll do"

"You mean what Scott will do, I think if he knew he would brutally murder him" I was kind of disappointed that I wasn't allowed to tell Scott, I didn't exactly like Matt and it would be an epic fight, but I had to respect her Ally's wishes.

"Which is exactly why we're not tell him" She nodded at me and I walked down the stairs. "Hey, is your dad at home? I can't find my parents anywhere"

"Hold on" I looked into the kitchen and them in the lounge for my father, who was no where to be seen. "That's strange. I don't know where he could be"

"You think it's Jackson related? My dad's been hounding me thinking I know information, so they could be planning something without us?"

My head nodded at her. "Probably, I don't think my dad trusts me very much these days anyway, so it's no skin off my back what they do with their time. We just need to make sure nothing happens tonight"

"Yeah definitely. I gotta go use the bathroom, text me when you're outside?"

"Will do" I smiled before pressing end call and turning off all the lights in the house, swiftly leaving with my present for Lydia in one hand and my car keys in the other.

Scott and Stiles were going to meet us at the party, hopefully then I'd get an explanation as to where Scott was when we are at the rave, and what pattern Stiles had seen in the killings. I had tried to get him to spill his guts over the phone but he was going to wait till in person to 'blow my mind' apparently.

I arrived at Allison's house about 10 minutes later and texted her that I was outside. After a few moments jamming out to the radio she appeared at my passengers side and I let her in.

"You're looking gorgeous" I looked at her amazing dress before pulling out of her street.

"Why thank you m'lady" She bowed at me in her seat before anxiously looking at her phone a few times.

"Everything okay?" My eyes flickered between her and the road.

"Yeah" She nodded before continuing. "I just hope it's not awkward between me and Scoot, things have been sort of strange recently and we've not been speaking as much. It's hard not letting this thing with my dad and grandfather come between us"