0 0 * an ending and a new beginning

BONNIE MILLER STOOD tall in the Great Hall when she felt anything but. Her wand still clutched in her hand as if another enemy were to come out of nowhere. She glanced outside the doors to see the young Harry Potter standing on the broken bridge, relief clear on his face, next to Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. All three had been on the run for months, and it was all for this.

The Dark Lord was gone, but at what cost?

Bonnie walked through the rows of the dead, anger filling her veins. All of this loss because of what? Because some wizard without a nose deemed himself worthier than others? Because even though he was a half-blood himself, he only wanted purebloods in the wizarding world? It was ridiculous, and Bonnie was angry.

Swiping a bit of blood from her lip from where she bit too hard, her eyes wandered to the red-haired Weasley family. Molly and Arthur hadn't changed since she last saw them, but every face was solemn and crying over a body. She noticed one of them sat away from the others, curling himself up in a tight ball. He was sobbing, rightly so. She noticed he was a twin, and his twin was the one who was dead.

Next, she bit her lip even harder when her gaze landed on Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Their hands reaching to each other made Bonnie want to vomit. Nymphadora just had a son with the werewolf, and now, he'll be an orphan. She had finally seen Remus happy, and he was dead.

She couldn't take it anymore, her breaths becoming ragged and uneven. She could see Madam Pomfrey aiding students, some seventh years helping her. Professors walked up and down to check on families, but no one seemed to bat an eyelash to Bonnie's panicking figure.

Well, she thought not until a hand landed on her shoulder.

Turning sharply, she fought with her brain to keep her wand down. Bonnie had gone from not trusting anyone to finally taking a free breath since Harry killed Voldemort, but she knew it would be a while until she finally was used to not looking over her shoulder at every moment.

She swiped at her bloody lip again as her eyes met the sobbing twin's from only a moment ago. His red hair was sticking up from his pulling, and his eyes were red-rimmed, unshed tears awaiting the okay to fall. He crossed his arms over his chest, seemingly insecure all of a sudden as if he didn't know why he came over to the panicking lady in the first place. The insecure glint in his eyes seemed out of place. She heard of the twins, she knew they were pranksters and confident lads who owned a joke shop in Diagon Alley. Seeing him so broken hurt more than any death in that room with them.

"A-Are you all right?" he forced out, feeling stupider by the minute. He couldn't help the urge to get away from his family. They were smothering him with pitiful looks and reassuring pats on the back. He saw her glancing at them from afar, but then he saw her begin to panic as if she was having an anxiety attack. He didn't know what possessed him to get up, but when he saw her breathing become normal, he was glad he did.

Bonnie let out a humorless chuckle. "I don't think anyone will be for a while," she said, crossing her own arms to mimic him with the intense feelings of being insecure swimming up to her brain. She didn't know which twin he was, but she knew he wouldn't be offended if she asked. "What's your name?"

"G-George. George Weasley," he stuttered, hating himself for losing his normal cool demeanor. He let his arms fall to his side, one hand reaching up to scratch his ear when he realized it wasn't there. He sighed to himself.

Bonnie smiled as warmly as she could, but it probably came out as more of a grimace. "Well, Mr. Weasley. My name is Bonnie. Bonnie Miller."

He smiled a bit lopsidedly at her before he took her outstretched hand and shook it firmly. Both could feel their insecurities drifting away after the short handshake.