5 4 * a pastry in the library and someone listening in

LILY WAS WAITING for Bonnie the following morning, but Bonnie hurried past her without a word. She was not ready for confrontation about the prophecy.

Because she was avoiding Lily, she ended up avoiding the rest of her friends that day. During her lessons, she gave the appropriate answers if someone spoke, but she kept to herself. Sirius sent her worried looks throughout the day, even grabbing her hand after Transfiguration. Bonnie only said, "I-I need to go to the library. I'll see you later, okay?" Sirius frowned as she walked away.

Lily walked up to Sirius with James. He turned to look at his best mate with desperation in his eyes. "She always closes off after those chats with Dumbledore. What were they talking about?"

Lily narrowed her eyes at Bonnie's retreating figure. "She became flustered when Dumbledore mentioned a prophecy."

"Prophecy?" James asked. "Like a prediction?"

"It's more than that," Lily said quietly, "Wizarding prophecies are normally set in stone. If there is a prophecy Dumbledore and Bonnie are worried about, then it has to do with us. We need to talk to her."

Sirius shook his head. "I-I don't want to upset her," he said.

"You should go talk to her," James said with a nod as Remus walked up with furrowed brows. "She'll need you, you know?"

"What do I talk about?" Sirius said awkwardly.

Lily hit his arm. "She's your girlfriend, Black. Go," Lily said and pushed him forward.

"Right," Sirius said. He nodded his head. "Right," he repeated in a whisper as he walked toward the library.

Taking a detour, Sirius stopped at the kitchens to grab Bonnie's favorite pastries. He felt nervous about what Bonnie was worried of, but he had to remind himself of everything she had been through. Bonnie was one of the strongest witches he knew, and he wanted to love her in any way he could. He wanted to cherish every moment he had, even if she tried to push him away when things became rough.

Pushing the library door open, he waved half-heartedly at Madam Pince as he walked through the rows of bookshelves toward the back where she normally hid. He sighed when he saw the brunette waves hunched over her journal.

Sitting in the chair next to her, she jumped at the sound. Her eyes widened at his wary smile. He placed the pastries on the table, two because she couldn't have just one, and gave her another sheepish smile as he said, "Don't let Pince see."

Bonnie cracked a smile as she picked on up. "What are you doing here?" she whispered.

"Well, despite the fact I disobeyed your plea for some alone time, I was worried. Can't help it, you know, boyfriend thing," he drawled, a smirk moving onto his face after she finished the first pastry. She immediately grabbed the second. "Bonnie?"

"Hmm?" she asked with a face full of pastry.

He smirked and wiped the corner of her lips with his thumb where some of the pastry went. She went red. "Are you all right?"

He watched her face fall as she sighed. "Dumbledore is just stressing me out because he wants me to do something I should've done by now, but I'm scared," she said, "of what the repercussions will be."

Sirius grabbed her hand and smiled. "Whatever it is, I'm right behind you," he said firmly. "Because I love you, and I hate seeing you upset. I'll have grey hairs at twenty, mind you," he teased, causing a smile to form on Bonnie's face.

"Who knows? It might be a sexy look for you," Bonnie said, watching him smirk again. "Long, grey hair? Moony'll be jealous for sure."

"No doubt about it," Sirius affirmed, grinning when she began to giggle. He loved the sound, and he hated that he didn't hear it often.