3 8 * detentions and broom cupboard lies

BONNIE SIGHED AS she scrubbed the same trophy for the tenth time. She and Peter were serving one of their many detentions from McGonagall. The boy had already transformed into his rat form to spy on Filch's whereabouts, but he was unsuccessful to find a way out without being caught.

He transformed back with a grin. "He's coming again."

Bonnie rolled her eyes with a similar grin. "We may not be James and Sirius, but we're associated with them. He won't leave us be," she said, moving to a new trophy so Filch wouldn't be suspicious to her just sitting there.

When Filch came to check on them, he muttered something under his breath before leaving again. It was quiet for a little while, the only sound came from Peter tapping his foot on the ground. The next person to walk into the room was Professor Slughorn, the man beaming when he caught Bonnie's eye.

"Miss Miller! Professor McGonagall said you'd be here! How are you, my dear?" Bonnie stood quickly, swiping at her hair from her eye.

With a smile, she said, "Fine, fine. How are you, sir?"

"Wonderful! I haven't seen you outside of class. Miss Evans says you've been busy! You aren't avoiding me, are you?" he asked cheerfully.

"No, sir! No, sir!" Yes.

"Great! I have a dinner party coming up tomorrow. Miss Evans will be there, would you be game?" he asked.

No. "Yes, sir! Of course," she said with a grin.

He nodded, glancing to Peter. "Hello, Mr. Pettigrew. You aren't in my class this year, are you?"

Peter flushed a bit. "Was never really good at Potions, was I? Sorry, sir."

"Ah, it's not for everyone! See you tomorrow, Miss Miller!" Professor Slughorn said with a wave of his hand and another smile to Bonnie.

Peter howled in laughter when Bonnie dropped her smile into a scowl.

"Shut up, Pete," Bonnie growled. "I've been avoiding him since last term."

Peter grinned further when he saw the time. "Well, if he would have came five minutes later, we would've been gone. It's time to go, Bon."

Bonnie let out a breath. "Of course, it is. Well, I suppose I can't avoid him forever."

Peter grinned and threw an arm over her shoulder as they walked out to see Lily and Remus patrolling the corridors.

"Detention went well?" Remus teased, knowing he and Lily got out of most detentions due to their title as Prefects with their rounds.

Bonnie scowled at Lily. "Sluggy found me."

Lily sniggered. "Told you he'd get you. So, you're coming tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately. Come on, Peter. I'm tired," Bonnie said, moving to walk to the common room.

The pair walked through the corridors, Peter lighting up a cigarette as he hummed sightly. The two lulled about as the night grew later, pulling out their detention slip when they crossed two Ravenclaw Prefects.

Sirius and Marlene had a detention together in McGonagall's office as James and Mary had one as well with Hagrid. Bonnie knew she and Peter would be the first ones back.

And they were.

The pair lulled about in the common room, Bonnie reading more on the Chamber of Secrets while occasionally helping Peter with his Transfigurations homework. There were other students around, but no one paid much mind to the Gryffindors that lost so many house points in one night.