5 5 * the prewett's letter and the centaur's prophecy

"ARE YOU SURE of what you heard?" Narcissa asked with wide eyes. "He wouldn't. Not Regulus."

"He was talking to Bonnie about that locket the Dark Lord is so intent on hiding," he growled back, thinking about how he saw Sirius and Bonnie at Lily's house the past Christmas. He couldn't wait to screw up Sirius's life, starting with his brother. "Why would he tell Bonnie? We know who she is. It's Sirius's brother, anyway. We can't depend on him!"

"You need to get back to school before they find you," Narcissa mumbled. "I'll deal with it."

"If you don't, I will," he mumbled before moving back to the castle away from Narcissa who apparated away from Hogsmeade.

Sirius's birthday was spent in the kitchens as Bonnie and Remus planned. Their seventh year was becoming their tamest, certainly in Bonnie's mind. She was worried of the things to come, but to have two Horcruxes destroyed already eased her mind immensely. She became able to do normal things between her meetings with Dumbledore. She was able to study for N.E.W.T. classes with Lily, play a few pranks with the Marauders, and simply just be with her friends by the lake on sunny afternoons. It was peaceful for a short time.

On the morning of December first, Bonnie saw an owl fly in with the post. Her eyebrows furrowed as she hadn't received any mail since she left home; all of her friends were there with her, so who would write?

Marlene and Mary looked over from their conversation with Alice. "Who's that from?"

Bonnie petted her owl with a smile. "Thank you, sweet thing. Here," she gave it pieces of a biscuit as she grabbed the letter. "Fabian and Gideon."

"The muppets," Mary teased, "I haven't heard from Fabian in a few days."

Our dearest Bon-Bon,

Molly is pregnant again! She is not taking no for an answer for a visit during the holidays. She understands what has been happening, so you've been pardoned for those missed visits... You have no excuses at the Potter home! Bill, Charlie, and Percy wish to see their favorite aunt (after that one visit, they've never shut up about you! It's like you're some sort of celebrity!).

This is Gideon now. I hope you're feeling better from the train incident. I will be in Hogsmeade next Saturday. I hope you make time to come meet me in the Three Broomsticks. We have lots to talk about. Miss and love you dearly.

Back to Fabian! The bestest, of course. Tell my darling girlyfriend that she'll receive an owl soon. I've been awfully busy. I'll be in Hogsmeade as well, but I want to surprise Mary... so keep it a secret! Stay safe.

We love you!
Fab & Gid Prewett

"They're just informing me that Molly's pregnant again, and they want me to visit her," Bonnie said with a grin. "Fabian says he'll write to you soon," she added to Mary who was grinning.

Peter sat next to Bonnie with a grin. "Dumbledore said you and him need to speak tonight," he said, grabbing food and piling it like a mountain. "Says to meet him by Hagrid's."

"Thanks, Petey," Bonnie whispered with a smile. He returned it with a mouth full of food.

James and Lily walked into the Great Hall hand-in-hand, much to the surprise of everyone. The pair had gone on two dates, but nothing had been made official. This was the first time Lily allowed any sort of public displays of affection. Bonnie smiled lightly at the pair when they sat down. Lily was closest to Bonnie.

"Where's Sirius and Remus?" Marlene asked, eyeing Peter with a disgusted look as he continued to stuff food in his mouth. When he looked up, she gave him a smile to cover it up.