Chapter 3

Patton and his new dogs walked into the Pet Smart the next day. Logan, Roman, and Virgil were in awe of the dog's paradise they were in.
Logan grabbed a cart and began to shop. He got dog food, a few toys, and three beds. He went to the vet station and get them checked up and registered.

Virgil seemed scared to go to the vet.
"Its ok Virgil, she won't hurt you." Patton gave Virgil a kiss on his furry forehead.
Virgil's chest puffed out as he walked up to the vet for his check up.

Each of his dogs did very well, and finally it was time for the final step: Collars.
He went to the kiosk and started to create the Collars. He he got a red one for Roman, a Blue one for Logan, and Purple one for Virgil. They each were shaped like a heart, and had his address on the back of them.

When the machine depensed them, he took them and held them up for the dogs to see. They all yipped and jumped happily, even Virgil!
Patton placed the collars on their necks, and they all barked happily. It seemed there was a new light in each of their eyes.

_____________

Patton walked into his home with his three dogs. He released them from their leashes, and they ran around happily.
"Aw I'm so happy you all are happy!" Patton started putting all the new supplies away and set up.
All three dogs howled in unison, very happy. Patton Sato on the couch and turned on the TV. All three dogs quieted down an down and sat on the couch with him.

"Breaking News," the reporter on TV said. "The Local Animal Shelter was raided last night, leaving three small dogs dead."

The TV showed a gruesome scene, and Patton covered the dogs' eyes.
"Don't look!" Patton cried.

"We have no idea why this shelter was attacked," the police said. "But we can be certain that this will not be the last attack. The criminals left this message."
The TV showed a picture of a message written in dog blood on the wall, reading: "We will find you".
"We are asking all shelters and pet stores to take precautions-"

Patton turned off the TV. Logan, Roman, and Virgil were all shackling with fear.
"You poor things!" Patton gasped. "I'm so sorry that scared you! Don;'t worry! No nasty dog killers are gonna get you!" He hugged all three dogs. "C'mon, lets go to sleep. You all can sleep with me."

...

Patton dressed in nice pajamas crawled into his bed. Roman, Logan, and Virgil all cuddled up next to him, shaking with fear. But soon the shaking stoped as they all fell into a peaceful rest...