Chapter 2

Patton looked down, and saw a wet Siberian Husky dog. It wagged its tail and barked happily.
Patton melted. "Well aren't you just adoorable!!" Patton squealed. He knelt down and softly pet the pup.
"Were you making that whimpering?" Patton asked.
The happy dog shook its head.
"Then what was?"
The Happy dog bit softly on Patton's sleeve and led him deeper into the dark alley.

Deeper in the alley was a little makeshift home of cardboard boxes. Inside were two other Siberian Huskies! One was laying down, looking very calm. The other saw Patton, and started to growl.
"Aw,are these your friends?" Patton asked the happy dog.
The Happy dog yipped and jumped happily.
The angry dog growled at the happy dog.
The happy dog pouted, and the calm dog stepped up and got between the two.

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" Patton scooped the dogs into a hug. The happy dog licked Patton's face, the calm dog nuzzled into Patton a bit, and the angry dog was squirming, trying to escape.

He let them all go, and they sat at his feet expectantly.

"I can't just leave your guys here in the rain..." Patton said. He started to pace and talk to himself. "But what do I do? I don't really have any friends who wouldn't take you, mom is too far away, they dog shelter here is sick of me..."
Patton continued to rambling, confusing the dogs. Suddenly, Patton gasped. He jumped up and down happily. "I'll adopt you!" He cheered. "I have the room, and I could the company..! Would you guys wanna come home with me? Its nicer than the rain?"

The happy dog ran around excited, the calm dog barked to agree, and the angry dog just sat there.
The angry dog wasn't objecting.

"Yay!" Patton cheered. "Follow me!"

...

Then three dogs followed Patton down the streets in a line. It was like a little parade, or ducks in a row. The other people on the streets looked in confusion. Why are these strays just...following the guy? And they guy didn't mind?
The again, the guy was wearing children's rain-wear.

The happy dog would splash in puddles and sniff everything. The calm dog happily followed Patton. The angry dog in the back padded along, just wanting to get warm.

The concrete ground soon became a muddy dirt road. They had left the main town.
"I don't really live in town," Patton said to the dogs. "Too loud and noisy. Besides, I like nature. So I live here by the woods."

They all walked up to Patton's small one floor home. It was a normal commercial house, except Patton had decorated it with pretty paintings and flowers. So it really did look like a fairytale cottage!

____________

Patton opened the door and let the dogs in.
"No wait right here," Patton said. "I need to get towels to dry you all off bef    ore I get get you to the fireplace."
Patton came back a few seconds later with three towels.

He dried the happy dog first. The happy Dog shook, getting water all over. Patton chuckled as he roughly dried the dog, leaving him a big poof of fur.
Next he dried the calm dog. It cooperated, and didn't shake. It lifted its paws to let Patton's dry them, and licked Patton's face happily when done.

Finally he dried the angry dog. The angry dog squirmed a lot, and refused to touch the towel.
Patton huffed. "If you wanna go to the fire place with the others, you need to be dry!" Patton scolded.
The angry dog scoffed and finally stood still.
"Thank you." Patton said, as he dried to the dog.
The angry dog trotted away to the fireplace to join the others.

Patton smiled, looking at his new pets. The calm dog lay softly in front of the fire, while the happy dog ran around the living room, sniffing everything. The angry dog sat brooding in the corner.
"You all are so cute!" Patton smiled. "Gee what am I going to name you all?"

All three dogs looked up at that.

The happy dog got into Patton's face and barked happily.
"Calm down!" Patton smiled. "Lets see....your supper happy. You were even happy in the rain! You seem like the kind that enjoys life to matter what...Roman!"
The Happy dog cocked its head.
"The Roman's were all about happiness! Even when they're society was collapsing, they were all about enjoying themselves. I'll name you Roman!"
Roman smiled happily and yipped and jumped.

"Now for you!" Patton pat the calm dog as it lay in front of the fire. "So calm...cooperative...I imagine you would be a pretty smart human. I'm not sure...you look like a Logan to me!" Patton smiled.
Logan nodded and lay back down.

The angry dog sat in the corner.
"C'mere boy!" Patton smiled, coaxing the dog.
The angry dog didn't move.
"Aw c'mon! Don't you want a name too?"
The angry dog sighed and walked up to Patton.
"Aw your such a little emo dog arent you?"
The angry Dog growled.
"Ah Ah! No growling!" Patton scolded."You act all emo...I'm going to name you Virgil!"

Roman and Logan howled, as if they were laughing. Virgil growled at the two
"Now Now, Logan and Roman!" Patton scolded. "Virgil is a very respectable name! Don't make fun of your friend!"

The dogs calmed down. "We'll have to go to the pet store tomorrow to get stuff for you all." Patton smiled. "Including collars!"

The three dogs were already asleep by the fire. Little did Patton know what kind of dogs he had really taken in...