Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Sorry

I awoke upon hearing the sound of someone showering in the adjacent room. Although still groggy, my attempts to return to sleep were thwarted by the noise. Consequently, I resolved to leave my bed and proceed to the bathroom for my shower. While engaged in this activity, recollections of the previous day's cafeteria incident flooded my mind, prompting a sigh of exasperation. It is perplexing that we expressed frustration towards Zaylee despite her lack of attentiveness towards us. After completing my shower, I proceeded to change into my uniform and left my room. With ample time remaining before my scheduled activities, I chose to temporarily occupy myself by sitting on the sofa.

Our bodies continue to experience pain till the present day. The torment inflicted upon us by Midnight was exceedingly distressing, however, the torture inflicted upon the two women accompanying us was particularly unbearable. Consequently, we grew enraged, and in my frustration, I unintentionally raised my voice at Zaylee, as I desired to hold someone accountable. I proceeded to Zaylee's room, only to discover her absence. It is likely that she had already taken a shower before my awakening and is presently situated in the Student Council Office. I truly intended to express my remorse to her. Disturbed by a crashing sound, I promptly moved towards the source of the disturbance. To my astonishment, I heard a groan emanating from Aislinn's room, thereby expediting my entrance into her room. Once inside, I observed her on the floor, seemingly struggling to breathe.

"Hey! Are you okay?" I anxiously inquired, concerned about her well-being.

She simply moaned in pain, leaving me unsure of how to help. Without hesitation, I picked her up and swiftly carried her out of her room. I rushed to the clinic, even coincidentally encountering Lennox as he emerged from his room.

"What happened to her?" he asked, his voice brimming with worry.

"I don't know!" I responded, my anxiety growing. Together, we hastened to the clinic. Upon our arrival, Nurse Mecca immediately questioned us about what had occurred with Aislinn.

"We're not sure, Nurse Mecca," Lennox replied, his concern mirroring mine. Using her medical expertise, Nurse Mecca began examining Aislinn to determine the cause of her pain. When she examined Aislinn, she revealed that it was due to a beating she had endured. How frustrating! This was all because of Midnight's actions, leading to Aislinn's suffering.

"Why don't we tell Zaylee about this?" I suggested rather urgently. It's unrealistic to hide Aislinn's past from her indefinitely.

"It's just not the right time to disclose that, Ruhan," he responded, recognizing the delicate nature of the situation. I sighed, when will it end? For how much longer must we continue to protect Zaylee?

They are presently engaging in a playful exchange while Dimitri and I attentively observe their banter

They are presently engaging in a playful exchange while Dimitri and I attentively observe their banter. I couldn't help but wonder about the excessive noise they were creating. In response, I decided to stand up, capturing their attention.