Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Devil Inside

We were engaged in conversation when a student abruptly entered our office. We were taken aback as the student did not bother to knock.

Shaun, our Vice President of the Student Council, inquired, "How may we assist you?"

"V-Vice President Ms. Zaylee..." stumbling over her words, she struggled to convey her message, inducing frustration in Shaun. Curiosity got the better of me and I interjected, asking her what had transpired, causing Shaun to respond with anger, as though he could harm her for causing annoyance.

The student revealed, "There was an altercation involving Ms. Zaylee in the corridor."

Immediately, we rushed to the scene of the incident, fearing the potential consequences. It never fails to amaze me how Zaylee always manages to stir up trouble; whenever something unfortunate befalls her, it seems as though the President will exact punishment on us. Who exactly is Zaylee Faye Yaritza Takashi, and why does the President protect her?

As we arrived at the location where our newly-appointed secretary was, we witnessed her physically assaulting another girl. Naturally, we were utterly shocked, and when we comprehended the severity of the situation, panic ensued.

"Shit!" we involuntarily uttered in unison upon realizing that the girl was gasping for breath. We were on the verge of intervening when an unexpected voice interrupted us, prompting us to redirect our attention towards the source.

"Release her, Ms. Takashi," the President commanded. Our hearts skipped a beat at the sight of his approach. Why has he arrived at this moment?

Despite our efforts, Zaylee refused to let go and even brandished a knife, catching us off guard. A surge of panic rushed through me as I pondered where she had obtained the weapon.

"Goodness gracious! She's wielding a knife!" I exclaimed, causing the other officers to divert their gaze towards Zaylee's hand.

Consequently, Eliezer inquired, "What is happening to her?"

A sense of overwhelming concern consumed us. To our astonishment, Zaylee's acquaintances stood by idly, seemingly oblivious to the gravity of the situation. Why are they not intervening to stop Ms. Takashi?

"No!" we collectively cried out as she mercilessly stabbed the girl. The sight left us in disbelief, our astonishment multiplied when she subsequently targeted the President. It appeared that she no longer recognized anyone, her piercing gaze transforming into an icy indifference.

"The evil residing within her has already been awakened," a sudden voice behind me startled me, causing me to turn towards its source. The individual, who was clad in a black hoodie, revealed his face, which was equally haunting. He proceeded to approach the President and Zaylee, who were engaged in a struggle. One cannot help but wonder, who is this mysterious figure?

"Ahhhhhh!" the outcry of my fellow students caught me off guard. What on earth is happening? The President narrowly avoided being stabbed thanks to this unidentified man, who intervened just in the nick of time. Initially, I presumed that the man himself had been the victim of the attack, but it turns out he was the one who halted Zaylee. I even witnessed him smiling at her. What peculiar behavior was exhibited by this man?

"Hello, Zaylee," he gently greets her. Is this man completely devoid of reason?

Upon observing Zaylee's friends at a distance, it became apparent that they too were taken aback by the presence of the man in the black hoodie. Indeed, what is the explanation behind all of this?

As Zaylee appeared bewildered, her gaze fixed upon the man, we were astounded when she suddenly burst into tears and embraced him. Do they have any acquaintance with each other? The President was taken aback when he spotted the individual in the black hoodie. We were all caught off guard by the sudden outburst from the man!

"What actions have you taken against her?" he shouted. We were perplexed as to whom he was addressing.

Zaylee's companions approached the man, and our shock multiplied as he abruptly began to strangle one of them.

"What have you done to her?" He asked, his gaze fixed upon Zaylee's friends. The person he was choking was already showing signs of pallor. I turned my attention to the President and witnessed him embracing Zaylee. I nervously bit my lip.

"Z-Zayn, please release Lennox!" Pleaded the girl with short hair, while Zayn glared at her.

"Please!" Implied the girl with curly hair. Zayn's expression softened, and he gradually released Lennox.

"What have you done to her?" he queried once more, but his tone had mellowed down.

"We have not done anything wrong to her. When she regained consciousness, she was already in that state," explained a person named Ruhan.

"I sincerely hope that you are being truthful in your statements, as the consequences for deceiving me would be severe," he threatens. Both the individuals he is addressing and those of us who overheard him appeared visibly frightened.

"Heed my words and ensure her protection at any cost, even if it means sacrificing your own life," he directs this message towards Zaylee's friends. Zaylee's friends acknowledged this instruction. I had previously believed that we were the sole guardians of Zaylee, but it seems that I was mistaken. What significance does Zaylee hold that warrants such dedicated protection from others? Zayn turned to address the President, presumably seeking answers.

"The time has come! She has already laid eyes upon the painting," we were taken aback by Zayn's statement to the President. What painting were they referring to?

"You understand what must be done," he informed the President. The President nodded, indicating his comprehension of Zayn's intent.

After Zayn and the other students departed, only the officers and Zaylee's friends remained in the corridor.

"Shit!" we turned our attention to the President when he suddenly uttered a curse.

I experienced an intense sensation of discomfort in my chest upon witnessing the President holding Zaylee in a manner reminiscent of a bridal carry. Consequently, I consciously avoided looking in their direction and proceeded to accompany them to the clinic.

"You have feelings of affection towards him, correct?" a sudden voice spoke beside me, causing me to turn and look at its source. To my surprise, it was Ruhan! I affirmed his inquiry with a nod. He was absolutely correct – I am deeply in love with Dimitri, which is why I felt compelled to caution Zaylee beforehand.

"How did you come to know?" I inquired of him. We were situated in the rear, hence we were able to converse.

"It is quite evident that you are in pain." Oh? I was unaware that I was being so transparent!

"But fret not, it appears that they have yet to take notice," he remarks.

"Please refrain from divulging this to them!" I implore him. Even though it pains me, I have no right to harbor resentment towards her as I have no personal connection with the President. And it is evident that the President harbors affection for Zaylee.

We have now arrived at the healthcare facility and Nurse Mecca swiftly directs her attention to Zaylee. The President remains bewildered and meanwhile, we remain in the dark about the cause of his condition. The others stand silently in a corner.