"Excuse me, why is that?" I inquired. Is she angry with me, thereby refusing to help?

"Because they are already present here," she pointed towards the usual spot of my friends in the cafeteria, prompting me to look in that direction. I found my eyes squinting when I observed that they had wounds. What could have happened to them?

"But why do they have wounds?" Eliezer anxiously questioned.

"Midnight caused them," Dimitri asserted as if possessing knowledge of what had transpired with my friends.

"How did you become aware of this?" I interrogated him.

"I simply know," his response vexed me, resulting in my glowering at him.

"Who is Midnight?" Shmuel inquired.

"He is an assassin," he revealed, causing our eyes to widen due to the gravity of the revelation. Damn!

"But why would he do that to my friends?" I stammered in my questioning.

"He does it to protect our queen!" he proclaimed meaningfully. With that, I left them behind and drew closer to my injured friends.

"Hey, guys!" I couldn't wait to catch up with them and eagerly greeted them. However, something felt off when they completely disregarded me.

Intrigued, I couldn't help but ask them, "Where did you go last night?" unfortunately, their lack of response continued, leaving me increasingly perplexed.

Feeling the situation becoming more uncomfortable, I mustered the courage to insist, "Guys, please pay attention to me!"

Lennox exclaimed, "Could you please leave?" they appeared to be displeased with my presence. I nearly burst into tears upon being yelled at!

"Zaylee, could you please leave? We don't require your presence here!" Ruhan shouted out when I didn't leave, causing me to finally break down. Why are they treating me like this?

Overwhelmed, I fled from the cafeteria, uncertain of where my feet would carry me. I just kept running, completely disoriented. It was only then that I realized I had ended up in the restricted area. I entered a room and came across a painting. I'm confused about what's transpired, but I can't fathom why they would treat me this way. I still strive to comprehend their actions, as they are my friends! I'm baffled by their behavior and why they are subjecting me to this hardship.

I let out a shriek of pain as an intense headache suddenly struck me. The sensation was excruciating, almost as if my head was on the verge of exploding from the extreme pain.

"I love you," I overheard amidst the sight of two figures embracing each other. Unfortunately, their backs were turned towards me, obscuring their identities.

"I love you too," the girl replied.

The boy urged, "Please take good care of yourself."

"I promise," she murmured before planting a kiss on the boy's lips.

The scene abruptly shifted, intensifying my headache even further.

"Farewell, Princess," the man uttered ominously while aiming a gun at the girl. He then pulled the trigger.

A bullet pierced through the girl's chest, dangerously close to her heart. Her heartbeat grew faint as the police arrived at the scene. Overwhelmed with sorrow, my tears flowed uncontrollably. The pain in my head only seemed to intensify. I could hear someone entering the room, but I struggled to see clearly. The person's voice was the only thing perceptible to me.

"Zaylee," that is the final word I heard before losing consciousness.