Chapter 8: Above the Skies

A few weeks had passed and it was the day Lyrica got to fly to Valentino. Her flight would leave after school so the night before she had already packed all the clothes and other miscellaneous things she wanted to bring to Valentino. Her heart was racing the night before, but she was able to get some sleep.

"Lyrica!" Ryan waved his hand in front of her.

"Huh?" She blinked her eyes.

"Your spilling some of your yogurt onto the table." He pointed out.

"Oh!" She quickly grabbed the yogurt cup she accidentally knocked over, "Sorry I was just thinking about some things..."

"More like fantasizing." Lucia smirked, "Your always one to have fantasies while your zoning out. Let me guess your fantasizing about your first day with the Prince!" She clasped her hands.

"What...No..." Lyrica was put off by that idea, "I was just thinking about what I'll get to see in Valentino. I did a lot of research the past couple of weeks and there are so many famous statues, buildings, museums, that I want to see!"

"Will you even have time?" Ryan asked, "Didn't you say the Prince gave you a full schedule?"

"Yea...He actually sent me a whole document. At least I think Jeremiah sent me the document...But, I honestly haven't looked over it yet because I've been busy trying to get ahead on some of my classes here."

"Hey don't stress yourself too much. Didn't most of the teacher let you pass anyways? I heard you were able to have most of the month off."

"Yea...But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't study the material anyways. I don't want to be behind next semester in case some things from these two months pop up while we're learning."

"You have a point." Lucia agreed, "Aren't you excited Ryan? We get to be her plus ones! At one of the biggest events in the world! It's probably even bigger than the Oscars...Hopefully I'll meet my Prince Charming and he'll get me out of student debt!"

"And you call me the fantasizer?" Lyrica laughed at Lucia.

"C'mon Lyrica you get to play fake couple with the Prince. At least let me try to live my fantasy." Lucia said back.

"Okay, okay." Lyrica backed off.

"How long is the fake couple situation going to last between the two of you?" Ryan asked, "Do you even know how to be a couple?" He teased.

"W-What! I mean I watch a bunch of drama shows on television. What I learned from them is to not act like how they act like on the show. Isn't that all I need to know?"

"Jeez...Lyrica that's not really how it works. But, honestly I want see this whole fake love with your and the Prince. It would make a great comedy." Lucia pointed out.

"Wow thanks." Lyrica said sarcastically.

"I mean your already acting the part wearing that necklace he gave you everyday."

"This?" Lyrica placed her hand on the rose pendant, "He did say that it would be more convincing if I wore this everyday."

"I guess that's true." Ryan agreed, "But, remember what I told you before Lyrica. Keep your guard up. You haven't really known the Prince for that long. So just be a bit cautious with this whole fake relationship. If you feel uncomfortable tell him or tell someone."

"Alright I get it." Lyrica groaned, "You keep lecturing me about that Ryan. Why are you so worried?"

"Obviously it's because Ryan—" Lucia was about to say Ryan likes her, but he quickly shut her up by studding a piece of bread into her mouth.