Chapter 37: At the Other Side

*warning sensitive content such as eating disorder may be implied, please reach out for help if you or someone you know are suffering*

- a few months ago -

Lyrica and her Aunt arrived back in the states. Her uncle picked the both of them up from the airport and they drove back home. Once they arrived home she was greeted by her grandmother and Alice.

"Lyrica your back!" Alice hugged her tightly, "Help me with my homework."

"What already?" Lyrica smiled at her. She finally felt at home and she felt immediate comfort right when she stepped in.

Her grandmother went to hug her too, "Welcome back dear."

"Thanks grandma." She then grabbed her luggage and walked towards her room.

"We're going to eat lunch in an hour so make sure you come out by then" her Aunt yelled to her as she went to her room.

Lyrica opened the door and she smiled at the sight of her room. She placed her luggage on the ground and she sat on to her bed and laid down. She was staring at the white ceiling, when she got lost in her thoughts. For some reason she felt a little off, almost like she felt a little lonely. Then she heard the sound of her phone ring and she went over to pick it up. It was Lucia who wanted to video call her so she answered.

"You back!" Lucia yelled.

"Yea I'm back." She laughed and turned down the volume on her phone after she heard her voice, "Why anything happening?"

"Well since you came back me and Ryan though we should all go out to get some Thai food? How about it? You can invite Alice too, she was complaining to us how hard her classes have been."

"Yea sure, I'll go tell Alice too. Oh I'll have to tell my Aunt as well."

"Alright, I'll text Ryan you said you'll come. Do you want me to pick you up? You just got back so I don't mind."

"Hmm...Yea I think that would be best, I still feel a little week."

"Alright I'll be there at around six."

"Ok, bye."

- a few hours later -

"Oh are you leaving now?" Her grandma saw Lyrica grab her purse and she was fixing her hair.

"Ah yea, I'm just waiting on Alice."

"Lucia said she will pick you up right?" Her Aunt looked at her.

"Yea, we will be fine trust me."

"I'm ready!" Alice came out and she was wearing a stylish outfit. She had a leather jacket with a white t-shirt and black ripped jeans.

"Why are you dressed up?" Lyrica questioned.

"Hm? I never get to go out with you guys! Now I finally get to go out and I want to look good."

"Well alright suit yourself." Lyrica said.

"Make sure you both come home before eight o clock." Her Aunt said to the two.

Lyrica turned around and cocked her head, "Isnt that earlier than usual?"

"Well...Uhm since Alice is with you guys I want you to come back early. If you want you can invite Ryan and Lucia to our house too if you still want to talk."

"Oh okay then." Lyrica checked her phone and Lucia texted she was outside, "Let's head out Lucia is here."

"Okay, we will see you all later." Alice waved goodbye and went outside with Lyrica.