Chapter 7

Mei's POV

"I was going to make my appearance during the final phase, but seeing as things didn't go according to plan, I'll formally introduce myself. I am Netero, Chairman of this year's Hunter Exam Committee."

"And I am his secretary, Beans."

"Congratulations to the forty-two applicants who have made it this far."

It's so tense in here's it's almost suffocating. I'm surprised Netero-san hasn't said anything so far.

"I like the tension. It's exciting."

And there he goes.

"We will be arriving at the Phase Three site by 8am. There is food in the dining hall. You are free to relax and go about the ship."

"Killua! Mei! Let's go explore the ship!"

"Ok!" Killua and I cheered. We ran off to explore the ship and soon ended up in the kitchen.

"Go to the dining hall for food! Stay out if the kitchen!" The cook didn't really like us.

We were walking around the ship when Killua went up to the window.

"Mei! Gon! Look!"

"It's so beautiful! It's like a sea of lights," I said. 

Gon spoke up, 

"Killua, where are your parents?"

"They're alive... I think. Both of my parents are assassins."

"Really?" Gon said with a serious expression. Killua burst out laughing. 

"Seriously Gon?! You're the first one to ever take me seriously!" He continued to laugh.

"But you're telling the truth right?"

"My whole family is made up of assassins. They have such high hopes for me, in making me the next head of the family. But who wants their life planned out for them?" Killua spoke. 

"So when I told my parents that I wanted to decide my own future, they snapped! My mother was crying her eyes out. She was yelling at me saying that I could be a top assassin! Horrible parents, right? My mom and I ended up fighting. I stabbed my mother in the face, my brother in the side, and I ran away from home."

Gon and I were giggling while Killua continued with his story.

"When I become a hunter, the first thing I'll do is capture my family. I'm sure they're worth a lot..." Killua said with sparkles in his eyes, as Gon and I continued to laugh uncontrollably.