Chapter 15

Mei's POV

My eyes widened as I stared at Gon's distorted arm. His bone was bent in all the wrong places. Leorio and Kurapika were fuming now. I swear I could see foam forming from Leorio's mouth and Kurapika's eyes were starting to glow scarlet.

"You can't win against me. Just give up."

Hanzo pushed himself into a one-handed hand stand and started with his boring backstory.

"I am part of the Shinobi clan of covert agents." Standing on 3 fingers.

"I've trained for 18 years and have mastered the art of Ninpo (whatever that is)." Standing on 2 fingers.

"By the time I was your age, I had already killed someone." Now just one finger (show off).

That's not really something to brag about. I sweat dropped.

Still standing on one finger, *cough**cough* show off *cough**cough*, "admit defeat. You have no chance against me."

Gon took this chance to kick him with all the strength he had left. Gon kicked Hanzo in the face and sent him flying back. Gon immediately dropped to the floor in exhaustion.

"Itai! My head finally cleared up due to your long story!" Gon said while rubbing his head.

I chuckled at his remark.

"This isn't a battle of strength, but to see who will surrender first!" Gon shouted.

Hanzo calmly stood up and wiped his bloody nose. Him and Gon were standing face to face, just as they were before.

"Give up now. You don't have enough energy to beat me and you're arm is broken. Why won't you just give in!"

"I will never surrender to you."

Hanzo sighed and slipped a knife from his sleeve.

"If you don't surrender now, I'll cut off your legs" he threatened.

"Make a decision."

"I don't want my legs to be cut off, but I also don't want to surrender!" He shouted.

The room went silent, until I busted out laughing.

He's so stubborn! I can't control my laughter!

"We can find another solution!"

Everyone else started to chuckle and smile as well. Gon's attitude lifted the tense atmosphere from before.

"What do you mean you don't want your legs cut off, but you won't surrender?!" Hanzo asked flustered.

"If you cut off my legs, I'd bleed to death. If I die, then I can't surrender and you would be disqualified. I don't want that for both of us. We can work together to find another solution."

"That isn't an option!" Hanzo directed the blade at Gon's forehead, making a line of blood dribble down his nose.

"Why won't you give up? You can always try again next year! Do you really value pride more than your life?" Hanzo questioned.

"I'm going to find my dad" Gon said.

I'm glad to see that he hasn't lost sight of his goal. I smiled.

"My dad is a Hunter. I want to become a Hunter and find him!"

"I will ask you once more, surrender."

There was silence between the two.

They stared directly at each other.

"No."