Chapter 18

It kind of annoys me how every time I type Zushi, it auto-corrects me to Sushi... -___-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei's POV

After talking with Zushi and his master Wing-san, we approached the counter and exchanged our tickets for prize money. As Killua sipped his drink he said, "A loss earns you nothing, but a win over an opponent in the 50s nets you 50,000."

"Wah! That's a lot!" Zushi said.

"In the 100s, I think wins are worth a million," he said nonchalantly.

"What?!" the three of us looked at each other with shock.

"Once you're past the 150th floor, you get 10 million a pop," Killua continued.

"Ten million?! Killua, didn't you make it to the 200th floor when you were here before?!" I asked, utterly amazed.

"The 200th floor?! How much did you make?!" Zushi stuttered.

"Well, I don't really know, because I quit once I reached 200. But when I was winning in the 190s, I had around 200 million total," he said cooly.

"200 million..." I stuttered with my eyes shadowed.

"Where's that money now?" Gon said through gritted teeth and shock.

"That was four years ago. Of course it's gone now. Spent it all on snacks!" he said as a matter of factly.

We just stared at him like he was crazy.

Killua suggested we all go to the waiting room to wait for another match, since we didn't break a sweat in our last fight. The atmosphere of the room was tense and filled with men who had muscular arms and legs.

"Well, these opponents should be a cinch," Killua stated bluntly.

"Really?" Gon said unsure.

"Killua-san, you're being too loud" Zushi whispered, embarrassed and frightened of the large opponent next to him, glaring down at him.

The speaker went off, "2054, Killua-sama. And 1963, Zushi-sama. Please head to Arena A, on the 57th floor."

Uh-oh. It was nice knowing you Zushi-kun.

"Osu! I shall give it my best!" Zushi said humbly.

"Sure. Well you can't win them all. Better luck next time," Killua again stated bluntly.

I nudged Killua and gave him the 'be-nice-look' with a frown. He shrugged me off and stood up.

"I'll head out," he waved.

"Good luck you guys!" Gon said as Killua and Zushi walked out.

Soon after Killua and Zushi left, Gon was called up next.

"Good luck Gon!" I waved and smiled as he walked out.

As I waited, I was starting to get bored, until I heard a faint scream from a few floors above me, that shook the whole building.

It sounded like someone was screaming Zushi's name... hm, I must've misheard.

I sat there in pure boredom for another minute or so, until an opponent came and stood next to the bench I was sitting on.

"So, we meet again, Mei~" Lilith Desdemona smirked.

I glared at her as she sat next to me, with her back leaning against the wall, with one foot propped against it and her arms crossed.

I really hate that smirk of hers.

I was too busy hating her before to take in her appearance, but seeing as we had plenty of time, I observed her. She's got blonde hair, turquoise eyes, and a blue butterfly pin in her hair. She's currently wearing a white ruffled top that ties around the neck, and a black mini skirt that's obviously, way shorter than it needs to be (she basically looks like Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and acts like a tougher, cockier, Misa Amane from Death Note... just picture it).