Chapter 17

During winter break, my best friend came over and binged HunterxHunter with me for four days straight. Like YES! This is like my 2nd-3rd time watching HxH full way through like wtf... What I didn't notice before was how funny the narrator's voice is when he does the recap and conclusion, "Gon was fired up." Idk, it just cracks me up.

Oh and if you didn't notice, I always watch episodes while I'm writing or before I write, so I can make this as accurate as possible. So some lines come directly from the anime and some lines from characters I give to Mei, so she can fit into the story more easily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei's POV (not edited, I wrote this from like 12am-2am -______-)

Me, Killua, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio were sitting on the train, leaving Kukuroo Mountain. They were talking about their hunter licenses and what not, but I couldn't concentrate on that. I stared out the window in thought.

~Flashback~

Without warning he leaned in and kissed me.

His eyes were closed, but mine were open from shock. It lasted for a split second before he pulled away.

Silence was among us.

I didn't know what to say. Was I sure that my feelings for him were true? If they weren't I didn't want to lead him on.

As I was still trying to process, I could see the look of disappointment in Killua's eyes.

"Come on. I think the others are here," he stood up, then headed for the door without me.

'Damnit! Why does relationship stuff have to be so confusing!' I thought

'I think I just blew my chance to tell Killua how I really feel' my thoughts deflated with sadness.

~End of Flashback~

"Mei. Are you ok? You've been silently staring out the window for a while now," Gon asked.

I turned my head toward everyone and realized they were all staring at me. I blushed, then turned back to face the window.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I mumbled.

"Eh?! Mei's blushing!" Gon yelled with a goofy smile.

"Am not!" I pouted, as everyone chuckled at our amusement.

~Time Skip~

After the long trip, we finally arrived at the airport. Sadly, Kurapika and Leorio are leaving us, to accomplish their goals. Kurapika needs money to participate in the Underground Auction, so he'll be looking for someone to employ him as a hunter. And Leorio is heading back home to pursue his dream of being a doctor.

"Until we meet again, September 1, in Yorknew City!" we shouted together.

After we waved to Kurapika and Leorio's airship, Gon asked, "well, it's just the three of us now. What do you want to do?"

"You have to ask? We train obviously," Killua replied.

"Hm, train for what? Shouldn't we have some fun?"

"Do you really think you can punch Hisoka in the face without training?" I asked him.

"You couldn't land a punch on him in ten years, let alone six months!" we both shouted at him, as he sweat dropped.

Killua grabbed a stick and started drawing in the dirt. "This is the gap between Hisoka and Hanzo in terms of strength. And this is the line between you and Hisoka."