Background Story (edited)

My family was never in the best condition. You see, I was born with a weak heart, which meant that I wasn't always able to do the things the other kids could. My brother and parents tried so hard for me. I wish I wasn't like this. I prayed that I would get better everyday. My dad was a hunter and my mom worked at the market selling produce.

When I was three, my dad died on a mission, and that's when things started getting hard for us. Mom would try to stay home as much as possible to take care of me and give me the medicine we could barely afford. My brother, Haru, tried to help out as much as he could, but he was at school most of the time. I really did love my family. I loved all the stories they told me about dad. Everything almost seemed perfect.

Everything changed that rainy day. It happened three years after he died. I was told that I was going to get a new heart. My surgery was in the afternoon, so hopefully Haru would get to see me before I went into surgery. Mom took the whole day off to help me get ready. They both sacrificed so much for me. I wish I was strong. Strong enough to become a hunter like dad. Strong enough to support my family. And that's who I was going to be once they replaced my weak heart with a strong one. 

I was prepping for surgery when all of a sudden there was a commotion outside and I could hear an ambulance siren screaming in my ears. Panic spread throughout the hospital, as a boy a few years older than me, was being rolled away on a gurney. He was wearing a high school uniform and looked just like my brother. Then, realization hit me. That was my brother. 

The paramedic's shouted "He's lost a lot of blood! Damn drunk drivers! I don't know if he's gonna make it!" 

No! This can't be! He's too young! Please don't take him away! If anyone should die, it should be me! 

I screamed his name, "Haru! Haru!"

"Please calm down miss! Please settle down, this stress isn't good for your heart!"

I watched as they wheeled him past me. I felt like I could hear his heart beat becoming fainter and fainter, while my heart raced more and more. 

Please live Haru. Please live for me.

That's when the heart monitor went flat.

No. No! This isn't happening! This can't be happening! Why Haru? Why not me! Please take me instead!

I felt myself start to hyperventilate and my heart was throbbing with pain. At this point I was crying my eyes out. I felt a searing pain in my heart and then it stopped. I could feel myself slowly losing consciousness.

The nurses were in a panic, "We're losing her!" "We need help over here" "Stay with us sweetheart! Don't give up!" And that was the last thing I heard before I slipped into darkness.