Chapter 8

Mei's POV

I woke up to the sound of the intercom.

"We will be arriving at our destination in five minutes."

I rubbed my eyes and looked at my surroundings. Kurapika and Leorio were just starting to wake up. I was about to lift my head, but a felt a weight above me. I looked up and saw Killua resting his head on mine. Then I realized that I had been sleeping on Killua's shoulder the whole time. I could feel myself blushing.

"Awww is Mei blushing?" I heard Leorio say. Kurapika chuckled next to him. 

"No! I am not blushing!" But denying it made my cheeks heat up even more.

Wahhh! How embarrassing!

This just caused them to chuckle even more. I looked up and poked Killua's cheek. He slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them

He looks so cute when he does that!

"Mmmm? What's going on?"

"We've arrived at Phase Three," Kurapika said.

"Oh"

We both got up, grabbed our stuff and left the airship. 

When we got off, we were standing on top an extremely tall tower, with no stairs, or any way down. We found Gon and regrouped. Beans spoke up,

"You are standing on Trick Tower. The objective of this phase is to reach the bottom of this tower. You have 72 hours. Best of luck to everyone!"

Netero-san and Beans left in the air ship, leaving the applicants stranded on top of Trick Tower.

I started walking around the tower to see if there was a way down. 

There's no stairs, no doors, no nothing! Fucking use your head Mei!

I looked towards my friends and saw them leaning over the side of the tower.

"Are we supposed to climb down?" Leorio asked.

"It's impossible to get down from the side of the tower," I said.

"Maybe for you, but for an expert rock climber like me, it's possible," an applicant said.

The expert, rock climbing expert started climbing down the side of the tower. As he was going down, there was a noise in the distance, but quickly became louder and louder.

Uh oh. That can't be good.

Huge flying creatures flew around the tower. They were pink, with large teeth, human like faces, and no neck. One swooped in and snatched the rock climbing applicant and carried him away.