Chapter 8

I am sure as hell that I will have a heart attack. Thank god I ran out of that room in time or else hotty pants would have had killed me.

I let out a sigh of relief when I reached the first floor. Leaning against the wall I tried to calm down my breath.

"Which period is next?" I mumbled to myself while checking the time on my wristwatch.I took out the timetable from my pocket.2nd period was math - Room 45 C

Oh lord, how will I find room 45 C ???Can't they name the room like Engish room, Chemistry lab, etc.

I spotted a woman walking towards the lockers. Must be a teacher."Excuse me" I called out to her. She stopped and turned towards me. What!

She was the receptionist I met on the first day.

Her face immediately paled when she saw me."I was searching for you everywhere. The principal is asking for you. Follow me."

"ok" replied in a low voice and followed her.

She opened the door for me and I walked inside.

"He will be here soon," she said and closed the door on her way out.

I sat on the chair and looked around.

The office was painted white, and it had a floor-to-ceiling window. On the desk sat a laptop and a stack of papers sitting under a paperweight. The two remaining walls contained a door and a low bookshelf.

Suddenly the door flew open and a muscular man walked in.

My breath got stuck in my throat as I watched him in awe.

If I was not wrong then he must be in his early 50's. His salt and pepper hair was a little messy as if he just came out of bed. The tux he wore showed off his muscular body and abs.

He sat on his swivel chair and glared at me.

The tension in the air was at its peak.

"Good morning Shanayra" he said authoritatively

"Good morning sir" I replied nervously.

I never felt nervous but right now in front of him, I was sure if he said another word I would pee in my pants.

"So... I heard that you have bunked your first class huh?"

Oh shit!!!!

"I can explai-" I tried to defend myself.

He raised his hand motioning me to shut my mouth.

"Explain that to your teacher. Not me. But I have to say that I am impressed by your performance Miss Anderson" he said looking at a blue folder in his hands.

"P-Performance?"

"You are an orphan. Am I right?"

"Yes sir. I am " I answered in a low tone.

He looked at me for another five seconds and then nodded his head and gave a card.

My ID card.

" You must have read all the rules of Aulam Fama I suppose"

"Yes sir"

"Any questions?"

" I think that the rules are way too strict here an-"

"I asked for questions and not suggestions," he said while writing on his notepad.

My cheeks reddened in humiliation.