Chapter 8: When the Party's Over

The next morning, Millie woke up in her bed extremely giddy from last night's events with Cedric. She had returned back to her room around 3:00 am, thankfully without being seen by anyone aside from Peeves. He always left her alone since she was affiliated with the Weasley twins whom he respected a great deal. She was excited to spend the day with them, finally having some quality time with her friends after a couple months of uncomfortable separation. 

She hopped out of bed and trotted over to her dresser where she took out a pair of mom jeans and a patchwork sweater Molly had helped her make over the summer. Once she was dressed, she brushed her hair and teeth then did a small amount of makeup, covering the evident bags that had formed under her eyes. She pulled on her vans and rushed out of the room with her wallet in hand. All of her friends were already down in the common room, huddled near the door waiting for her.

"There you are," Lee sighed. "We've been waiting here for ages!"

"Lee," Alicia looked at him. "It's been five minutes,"

"Five minutes that could've been spent in Zonko's," he said.

"Quit your whining," Fred stated. "We're all here now, so let's get a move on,"

Alicia, Lee, Fred, George, and Millie made their way out of the common room, light conversation filling their ears as they reached the courtyard.

"Where were you last night?" Alicia whispered to Millie as the boys walked in front of them, shoving each other and laughing loudly. "You weren't there when I went up to the room,"

"I know you're going to take this the wrong way," Millie giggled. "But, I was with Ced and-"

"What?!" she squealed very loudly making the boys turn around to meet her wide smile and Millie's bright red cheeks. 

"Bloody hell, Alicia," George said, dramatically covering his ears.

"You trying to blow out my eardrums?" Fred turned to face them and walk backwards.

"Seriously," Lee cut in. "What's with the piercing scream?"

"Nothing," Alicia said, a suspicious smile across her lips.

The boys gave them confused looks before turning back to their conversation which had shifted to the probability of Lee pulling Professor McGonagall.

"I'm just saying, out of all the female teachers at Hogwarts, she is the best looking," Lee stated.

"False," George said. "Trelawney's got it going on. Only reason I took divination for three years,"

"George, absolutely not. If anything it's Sprout. And Lee, McGonagall's like a thousand years old," Fred chuckled. 

"And I don't think she's interested in a minor," George butt in.

"One with a shit grade in her class at that," Fred stated.

Alicia and Millie laughed a little in hearing the boys conversation before returning to their own.

"So you slept with Cedric?" Alicia whispered, excited.

"No!" Millie whisper-yelled. "We just stayed up and talked,"

"For the first time ever I can't tell if you're lying," Alicia said, squinting at her friend.

"I swear I'm not," she said. "Sure, we snogged a bit, but nothing more,"

"Impressive display of self-control," she smiled. "I don't know if I would be able to control myself in a room with Diggory,"

"Alicia!" Millie exclaimed with a smile. 

"Just telling the truth!" she laughed.

They caught up with the boys and the five of them walked together the rest of the way. As they stepped into the village, the group as a whole decided to go to Zonko's first, but before they went in, Fred grabbed Millie's arm.