Chapter 5: Angelina's Choice

Millie had never had a better tryout. She only missed one shot the whole time, and it was mainly because she was being weary of the bludger that had been coming straight towards her. With any other captain, Millie would be positive she was on the team, but she was really worried. Angelina had been giving her dirty looks the whole time, and she didn't even know about the moment her and Fred had just before the tryouts. As much as she was exhausted every single day due to his training style, Millie missed Oliver Wood more than ever. 

As she walked into the Great Hall for dinner that night, she looked around for Cedric, and she saw that he was sitting with some of his friends from Hufflepuff. He was laughing and joking around with them, so Millie decided just to leave him be and go have dinner alone like she had been before. 

She quickly found herself missing Cedric. Their talks during meals were often her favorite part of the day. She didn't enjoy sitting without him, for it had been three times a day for almost a week and she had grown very fond of their conversations. She was subtly looking over at him as they both ate, but she never saw if he looked back. She watched the way the light from the candles hit his face and illuminated his features beautifully, how bright his smile was when he laughed. How had she only recently noticed how attractive he was? Not that she was attracted to him like that...or was she?

"Millie!" George called as he came and sat across from the girl. 

"Hey, George," she said. "What's up?"

"What happened between you and Fred in the locker room?"

That was straight forward.

"Wh- nothing," she stammered. "What do you-"

"Oi, cut the bullshit, Barrett," George scoffed. "I know the kid better than anyone, and when he walked out of the locker room I could tell something was off. You were the only other person to walk out after him...so what happened?"

"It was really nothing," she lied, looking down at her food.

"You're lying," George stated.

"No I'm not!" she exclaimed.

"Yes you are," he smirked. "You're playing with your necklace. You do that when you lie,"

"I do not!" that's when she noticed that she was still playing with it. She looked back up at him. "Okay, maybe I do,"

"I knew it!" he called, earning a few glances from the second years sitting near them. "So what happened,"

"We kind of...had a moment," she muttered.

"Please, be more vague," George said sarcastically.

"Shove off," she laughed. "We kissed, but it was nothing,"

George's eyes went wide as he leaned towards her.

"Millie, that's not nothing," he whispered. "You're both in relationships,"

"It was the heat of the moment," she said, throwing her head in her hands. "I didn't mean for it to happen,"

"Well, what are you gonna do now? Have you told Cedric?"

"Not yet, and I don't know what will happen," she sighed. "Fred just kind of...ran out afterwards,"

"Do you want me to ask him about it?" George asked.

"No, it's okay,"

"Actually, what I should've said is, 'I'm gonna ask him about it, do you want me to tell you what he says?'" George chuckled.

"Only if it's good," Millie smirked.

George sat with her as she finished her dinner. Being able to talk to George was refreshing. Since her and Fred broke up, she hadn't spent much time with him. She had been friends with George first, for they sat next to each other in Potions class their first year, then he introduced her to Fred. The three of them had been the best of friends, and none of that changed when Fred and Millie started dating, for the most part. They would just spent more alone time together, but they still made sure George knew it would always be the three of them.