Chapter 52: The End

"And...that's the last of it," Matt grunted, dropping the last mangled, dirt covered box into Millie's living room. 

Millie, Cedric, Jeffery, and Matt all looked around the room and at each other, covered in dirt and sweat. 

"Isabelle really didn't have to throw all of your stuff outside like that," Jeffery scoffed. "Good luck if you had any glass in there,"

"Thanks, mate," Cedric chuckled, running his fingers through his hair as he looked at the pile. "You guys can go, Millie and I got it from here,"

Matt and Jeffery grabbed the few things they'd brought before saying goodbye and apparating back to their flat. Cedric turned to Millie once they were gone, a smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"I'll clean up all the dirt once we get everything unpacked, I promise," he sighed.

"Then we better get unpacking," she smiled.

Cedric and Millie had gotten back together two days ago. Cedric was brutally kicked out of his house by Isabelle after the break up; all of his stuff messily packed into boxes and thrown into their front yard over the next couple days. The bruise she'd left on his face was fading along with any bad feelings he'd had about leaving her. He was with Millie now, and they both knew this would last.

Them moving in together was a no brainer considering  he had to move, they didn't want to miss any more opportunities to be together, and Millie's apartment was big enough for the both pf them. He didn't have many things, just clothes and shoes and a few personal or sentimental items, some of which Isabelle had broken out of rage before packing them. 

The boxes were quickly emptied as they unpacked, and Cedric cleaned up all the dirt and mess efficiently with his wand. By nightfall, it was just the two of them in their very own apartment.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," Cedric mumbled, dropping next to Millie on the couch and exhaling as he relaxed for the first time since the breakup. 

"Me too," she smiled. "Even though it was only a few days it felt like months,"

"No, I mean before all that," he turned to face her. "These past 7 years without you...they've been absolute rubbish. I guess I was okay with being miserable because you were out there happy, but after Fred- Merlin, I can't imagine how you must've felt. You're everything to me, Barrett. You always have been. I just want to try and make you happy again,"

"I am happy now, Ced," she smiled, holding his hand.

"You are?" he asked. "I don't want you to think I'm trying to force this relationship on you, I know it's all moving really fast...and I'm just now realizing that you maybe didn't say anything until a couple days ago because you weren't ready...oh shit did I take the 'I love you' confession thing way too far-"

"No, no, no," she giggled, holding her hand up to stop him as his eyes flashed with panic. "This is exactly what I wanted, I promise. The only reason I was so apprehensive was...well because of Fred. I know that sounds silly, it's been almost 3 years, but I haven't felt this way for anyone but him. It almost felt like a betrayal if that makes sense. I'll always love Fred, so realizing I was in love with you was scary. But, at the wedding I was talking to everyone, and George kind of made me realize that Fred would want me to be happy again,"

"Even if it's with me?" Cedric asked.

"Even if it's with you," she answered. 

She watched as the silver of his eyes flickered against the light, a soft smile crossing his face as his cheeks grew red. Looking into his eyes now, she felt something flush over her. It was almost as if, for the first time, she really felt ready to move on. She was no longer nervous or guilty or apprehensive. The only thing she felt in that moment was excitement and preparedness to continue on her life with Cedric.