41

Demi's POV

"Can we talk?" I ask walking downstairs after both the girls fell asleep for the night.

"We aren't fighting. Go ahead." He says pausing the game he was watching on the TV so I take a deep breath and sit next to him.

"I know you want me to stay in contact with my mom and sister because you just care about me. You just want to make sure I'm okay, but I am." I say grabbing his hand in mine.

"You say that now, but what about in a few weeks? Months? Or even days? What if something happens and you just need your mom." He says and I sigh as I look down.

"I'll figure that out when the time comes. Look, my mom and sister hate you and I will not be okay with that. I love you Odell and if they can't understand that then I'm okay with not having them around." I say and he looks at me and sighs.

"It's your mom and sister though." He says and I nod.

"I know. They need to learn how to really be okay with you though and actually mean it. Until then, it's me and you and our daughters." I say and he smiles slightly.

"I just want you to be okay baby." He says and I smile and move so I'm straddling his lap as he rests his hands on my hips.

"I am okay. I promise." I say and he nods before leaning in to kiss me. "I love you." I mumble as we pull away and I bring my hand up to his cheek.

"I love you too." He replies smiling softly as I run my fingers over his beard.

"I have a crazy idea." I whisper and he raises his brows.

"What's that?" He asks brining his hands back to my ass as I smile.

"Let's get married." I eventually breathe out and he furrows his brows.

"We are. Did you forget I put a ring on your finger?" He asks chuckling and I laugh myself.

"No, I meant like let's get married now. I want to elope." I say and he looks really confused.

"What? Why? I mean not that I thinks it's a bad idea." He says and I take a deep breath.

"Because I want you to be my husband. I want to have your last name. We can elope and have a bigger ceremony later on. Who do we actually need at our wedding anyways?" I say and he nods.

"Those are some very good points." He says and I twist my lips slightly.

"But?" I say and he sighs and rubs my back.

"But I don't want you to do this just because of your mom and sister." He says and I furrow my brows.

"They have nothing to do with us. They have nothing to do with me wanting to marry you as soon as possible." I say and he smiles.

"You sure?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes baby. I want to marry you. We can fly out Maddie and my dad and have your parents and siblings be there. Then we can do a ceremony later on and have our friends be there and other family." I say and he smiles.

"You actually want to do this?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes. Do you?" I ask and he smiles.

"Of course I do. All I want is to call you my wife, but I want to make sure that this is what you want. And be honest. Do you actually want this?" He asks and I groan.

"Yes, I do. Stop asking baby. I am positive." I say and he chuckles and brings me in for a kiss.

"Okay. Then let's get married." He says once we pull away and I smile big before crashing my lips against his again.