16

Demi's POV

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 am. It took me awhile to get out of bed since I hate waking up, but once I did, I walked to the bathroom to do my morning routine which helped me wake up a little more and then I got changed into another pair of sweats and I put on the sweatshirt that I was wearing last night before I took it off when I fell asleep. I then put my hair up into a bun and put on my glasses and slides before walking downstairs. When I get in the kitchen, I see Heather already awake wearing similar attire to me and I give her a small smile as she passes me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." I say in a quiet raspy voice.

"You're welcome. I called Jazzy last night and she should be here soon to watch Lani. I didn't want to bring her to the hospital and everything." She says and I nod.

"That's a good idea." I say letting out a small yawn.

"I heard you singing her to sleep last night. You're really good with her and I'm happy they both have you." She says and I smile as a small tint of pink reaches my cheeks.

"I'm happy to have them also." I reply taking a sip of my coffee. "Kind of wish my family would be happy for me though." I say quietly but I know she still heard me because of how silent it was in the house.

"What do you mean? Do they not approve?" She asks and I sigh looking up at her.

"Not really. I mean my dad and little sister are a little okay with it but they are all mainly frustrated and didn't want me moving on so fast. I get it, but at the end of the day I'm an adult and I'm happy. I wish they would understand that." I say. Even if my family has told me they accept it and will try to be happy for me, I know they aren't. They don't like me being in a relationship at all and they still don't even know about his daughter yet besides Madison and my dad. They don't really speak on it though.

"I'm sorry sweetie. Do they know about Leilani?" She asks and I shake my head.

"My dad and little sister do, but Odell still hasn't announced her to the world so I'm not going to go and broadcast it to a bunch of people that don't even respect my relationship with him in the first place. I just hope they get over it soon." I say shrugging.

"I'm sure they will. As a parent, we just want the best for our children. When Odell first slipped and said he was dating someone, I wasn't the happiest because he always ends up with girls that treat him like shit. When he told me it was you though, I wasn't so hesitant anymore because I knew who you were and I knew that you had your own money and wouldn't use him." She says and I chuckle softly. "They will get over it eventually and my son is a catch so I'm sure he will win over their hearts when that time does come for him to meet them." She then says and I smile.

"He won over mine. So who's to say he can't win over theirs." I say and we both chuckle. "I'm gonna go pack some stuff for Odell so he can change out of the hospital gown after his surgery. I'll be down here soon and we can leave." I say as I finish my coffee and she nods. I then walk upstairs and pack Odell's favorite sweatshirt and a couple pairs of sweatpants and shorts. I then grab his toothbrush and cologne since he always complains when he forgets it. He's such a girl sometimes I swear. I then grab his deodorant as well and his charger and Nintendo switch so he doesn't get bored as well as a blanket. I then zip up the small bag and walk down to Lani's room to make sure she's okay and she was so I walk downstairs and Jazzy was already here so I give her a small hug and then Heather and I leave. It took us about forty minutes to get there and when we walk up to his room, his dad was already there in the waiting room.

"Hey, I was just about to go in but I wanted to wait for you guys." He says and I smile under my mask and give him a side hug before we walk into his room. He was already awake when we got in there and he looked over at all of us and smiled.