23

Demi's POV

"I kind of want to do something different." I say as I sit down in the chair in front of my vanity in my glam room. Tonight is the Billboard Music Awards and I'm about to start getting ready now.

"What is that?" Rokael asks and I smile looking up at Paul.

"You don't have any wigs by chance do you?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Of course I do. Who would I be without any." He says and I laugh.

"I kind of want to do blonde for my performance and when I present. I'll do my natural hair for the carpet though." I say and Paul jumps up and down excitedly.

"Oh my god. I've been waiting for this moment. Yes, okay. We're doing that for sure." He says rambling and I laugh out loud. My phone then starts ringing and I look down to see Odell FaceTiming me.

"Hi!" Lani says excitedly as soon as I answer and I smile.

"Hi sweetie. What are you doing?" I ask as she walks around. She's clearly holding the phone by how unstable the camera is.

"Playin." She answers and I chuckle.

"Really? What are you playing with?" I ask her as she shows me her baby doll.

"My baby." She answers.

"Aww. Where's your daddy?" I ask and she shrugs making me chuckle.

"Don't know." She replies. It's crazy how much she's talking now. Everyday she's learning a new word and I love it. "Dada!" She then shouts.

"What's up baby girl?" I hear Odell ask.

"Emi!" She says grabbing the phone making me chuckle.

"You called her by yourself?" He asks and I'm even shocked. I thought for sure Odell had just called me and handed his phone to Leilani.

"Yes." She answers and then I see Odell on the phone.

"You're crazy princess. Anyways, what you doing baby?" Odell asks and I smile.

"Getting ready for the awards." I say and he smiles.

"You need to send me pictures, alright mamas?" He says and I chuckle and nod.

"I will. What are you guys up to?" I ask.

"Nothing much. I was just letting her play while I got her a snack. Guess she figured out how to FaceTime you." He says and I chuckle.

"She was probably just pressing buttons." I say and he laughs and nods.

"Probably. How long are the awards tonight?" He asks.

"A few hours, but I never stay long. Just for what I have to be there for. Why?" I ask.

"Cause I wanna see you. I haven't seen you since yesterday morning and I'm in LA." He says and I chuckle.

"I can go to your place after then. Does that sound good?" I say and he nods.

"Yeah. We miss you, huh Lani? Do you miss Demi?" Odell asks and I smile big.

"Yeah. Miss you." Lani says coming into the frame and my heart melts.

"I miss you too Lani. So much." I say and she smiles shyly.

"What about me?" Odell asks and I chuckle.

"I miss you too baby. I'm gonna go though, I'll text you later." I say and he nods.

"Alright, bye baby. And good luck tonight if I don't talk to you again. You're gonna kill it." He says and I smile.

"Thank you. See you soon." I say and he nods. Lani then waves and blows me a kiss before we hang up and I let out a content sigh as I lean back in the chair.