4

Demi's POV

Throughout the next few weeks I moved into my new house and Odell and I talked everyday. We would flirt here and there, but it was all just fun. My friends would tease me all the time and say that I'm definitely falling for him, but I'm not. Yes he's amazing and handsome and I do like him, but I'm not falling head over heels for him like they are implying. We still haven't been able to see each other, but tomorrow is Odell's birthday and I decided to fly out to Cleveland to see him to surprise him. So right now, I am packing a bag for a couple of days with Siena and then Angelo, Matthew and Paul are also here.

"Flying out to see Odell definitely seems like something a girlfriend would do." Matthew says and I roll my eyes.

"We're just friends and I'm simply just flying out to see my friend on his birthday." I say and they all roll their eyes at me.

"Yeah whatever. I don't know why you don't just go for it. You guys are both into each other." Angelo says and I sighs.

"Guys, I just got out of a relationship." I say looking up at all of them.

"Like two months ago and his intentions were awful. You deserve to have some fun. Max has clearly been enjoying his single life being in a bunch of girls comments and posting with them." Matthew says and I sigh.

"Whether his intentions were genuine or not, I think you guys are all failing to realize that I was in love with him. I didn't say yes to a marriage proposal just for the hell of it. He can do whatever he wants with his life though, if I want to wait to date again then I will." I say looking back down at my suitcase.

"We're sorry Dems. We just want to see you with someone who is going to treat you amazing and make you happy and Odell is clearly doing just that." Siena then speaks up and I nod.

"He is amazing, but I'm just not ready guys. He knows this too." I say walking over to my drawer and grabbing some under garments.

"So are you staying at his house or a hotel?" Paul asks.

"I booked a hotel." I answer then grab my phone when it goes off and I see a message from Odell.

From Odell🖤: My coach just scheduled a last minute practice tomorrow when we had it off🙄 I was so hyped to have my birthday to myself😞

To Odell🖤: I'm sorrryyyy☹️ Practice doesn't last all day though so you'll still have your birthday.

From Odell🖤: You right. You gonna sing me Happy Birthday on FaceTime??😁😁

To Odell🖤: Whatever makes you happy😋

From Odell🖤: Then I'll be expecting you're call. But I gotta go right now, practice is about to start. Talk to you later.

To Odell🖤: Alright, have a good practice!😘🖤

From Odell🖤: Thank you mamas😚

I smile at that last message and can't help but blush lightly, however I try to hide it from everyone else in the room. I don't want anyone teasing me again.

"What time does your flight take off?" Angelo asks me.

"At four pm and then I'll get there at ten pm there time." I say and they nod.

"So he has no idea you're coming?" Matthew asks and I shake my head.

"Nope. He mentioned last week that he wished I could be there for his birthday and I said that I wish I could do, but I had work. So, I don't think he knows." I answer. I then finish packing and Paul carries it downstairs for me while we all follow.