Chapter 2 What is there to be afraid of?

He reached out for my hand but I flinched and he sighed, and grabbed my wrist pulling me up.

"I thought you were different but turns out you're just scared of your own shadow. Just forget you saw me, it's better that way" He spoke. I had to do something to clear up this misunderstanding but my white board was no where to be seen.

"Let's get you back into the office you still have another two hours" He spoke. I tried to speak but all that came out was a squeak. He looked both ways out the door and than while he still had his grip on my wrist he made a run for it. Why are we running?

"Since the power is out I'll go turn it back on but these doors are only to be closed if you need to keep someone out. Once the threat is gone open the doors back up" He spoke, I nodded looking for my white board. Something heavy stepped on it and it was now in a million pieces. It doesn't look like I can clear up this misunderstanding, too bad he seemed like a nice person too. Is he a person? The power was back on and he was also back, he said he was only there to show me the ropes but as it became closer to six am he ran off and someone replaced me for the shift. As I walked to the bus stop all I could think about is who is that guy? Why is he purple? Is he related to the kidnappings? No that's ridiculous he looked only a few years older than me.

As I arrived back home I crashed on the couch, I didn't have the energy to go to my bed the events of today were too much.

"How was your first day?" Mom asked, I looked around for my white board and then it hit me. All the events of last night played out in my mind. I looked away from my mom and she realized I didn't have my white board.

"What happened to your white board?" Mom asked. I smiled at her and she just sighed.

"I'll find something else for you" Mom smiled. I didn't get much sleep but I couldn't tell her that instead I just smiled and waved.

"You should take a shower, you smell like a dead body" Mom stated, I nodded and headed to my room to grab a clean pair of clothes. I then proceeded to head to the bathroom, when I got there the first aid kit was on the floor. I put it back in the cabinet and got undressed, I tried to speak but my voice once again came out as a squeak. I got in and out of the shower once I was clean, got dressed and headed to the dining room for Brunch. Jett was bouncing off the walls his birthday party was tomorrow, I'm scared to lose him but I just need to keep a good eye on him and he won't become like the others.

"It's almost time for you to go (y/n)" mom spoke, "I'm sorry about your whiteboard but I found this in the attic" It was a chalkboard and some sidewalk chalk. Dad wasn't happy about her giving me this but didn't say anything.

'Thank you mom, I'll see you tomorrow' I wrote, and began my walk to the bus I had to leave two hours early to catch the last bus but I wouldn't dare to go in the building during operating hours this is the only way I can cope with my trauma. But I will have to go in tomorrow for Jett's birthday party. Once the building was closed the last employee left and it was just me and the animatronics. And that guy who was waiting in the break room.

'Sorry about yesterday' I wrote with a sorry expression.

"What are you apologizing for? My feelings aren't that fragile" he chuckled.

'Sorry, my name is (y/n) (l/n)' I wrote, he looked confused but shrugged it off.

"Nice to meet you?" He spoke.

'What's your name?' I wrote, he laughed a little before answering.

"Micheal Afton" He replied, familiar-

'Like William Afton?' I wrote.

"Yeah, you a fan of his?" He smiled.

'What is there to be a fan of?' I wrote, he chuckled and shook his head.

"See those animatronics on stage?" He asked, pointing at the still animatronics.

'Yeah' I wrote, looking the way that he was pointing.

"Henry made them but William Afton killed the innocent children in those suits" He spoke. This startled me, where did he find out about this.

'How do you know?' I wrote.

"He's my dad, showed me on bring a kid to work day" He joked, "trying to find him"

'Was he the one who kidnapped all of those kids?' I wrote.

"Every single one of them, over the years he has visited every single location and has kidnapped the kids only to shove them into the animatronics. This is the next location, as you can see some of the animatronics are active but Foxy isn't and neither is Chica" He explained, "since he owns the location he knows when birthday parties happen and since I can't be seen here like I am I need your help"

'I'm sorry I can't do that' I wrote, I wish I could.

"What do you mean you can't? You'll be saving lives by doing this!" He yelled, I jumped and he stared at me.

'I just can't!' I wrote, I left the room and went to the office but he followed.

"What happened?" He questioned.

'I don't know what you're talking about' I wrote.

"You're a witness aren't you?" He spoke.

'I'm in the witness protection program if that's what you're asking' I wrote.

"No, you witnessed something that one of the locations" He spoke, What are you a detective?

'Experienced? yes, four times' I wrote.

"Four different kidnappings and you don't want to help stop more?" He questioned, you aren't as smart as you think you are.

'I didn't just witness, two times there were attempts' I wrote, 'I saw someone throw a kid I knew into Freddy's mouth, and lost some friends'

"You- You saw that?" He spoke, he looked nervous but quickly moved on.

'Saw what exactly?' I wrote.

"Nothing, you know what it's like to go through all that loss so why won't you help with this?" He questioned,  just stop.

'Ever think why I'm mute?' I wrote, he looked at me as if I was the one changing subjects.

"So why not help?" He questioned.

'Isn't it obvious? I don't want to experience another kidnapping!' I wrote.

"Fine, Fine but just remember this he likes going after the birthday boy or girl" He spoke. Jett-

'Fine I'll help this once but only because there is someone I need to protect' I wrote.

"Deal" He smiled, "so who is it that you want to protect so badly"

'Look at the time it's midnight time to work' I wrote, another call happened but he just stared at the phone and left when it was done talking.

I had a lot of time today but William Afton should make his debut in one of the next two chapters. Farewell Reader~Chan/Kun!