06

cw: this chapter contains mature content

dongju was sitting on the sofa with a frown on his face. he was worried about geonhak. it was almost 7pm now and there was still no sign from his boyfriend. dongju took a look at his phone with hopes there may finally be a message from geonhak and he just didn't feel his phone vibrate but... nothing. he let out a long sigh that did not go unnoticed by his twin.

"still no message?" dongmyeong asked, dongju shaking his head in response.

"i wonder what happened. i hope he's okay." he said, eyes hanging low. dongmyeong sat down next to dongju and patted his shoulder while giving him a warm, reassuring smile.

"dongie... i'm sure nothing happened." he said, making sure to sound as convincing as possible to calm his twin down.

a few seconds later they heard the doorbell ring, dongju's head immediately shooting up at the sound. he rushed to the door, impatiently waiting for the person to come up. since they lived on the second floor it didn't take long until the person arrived in front of the door. dongju let out a relieved sigh when he saw geonhak in front of him.

"dongju... i'm so sorry, i-" geonhak got cut off by dongju who was pulling him into a tight hug. a weak smile was forming on his lips. it felt really good to have the person he loved in his arms, especially after the energy draining day he had experienced. when geonhak entered the apartment he got greeted by dongmyeong who decided to leave the living room so the couple could have some time for themselves. even though it was nice of dongmyeong, the two decided to go to dongju's room instead because it was more comfortable there. geonhak got on the bed and opened his arms wide, dongju immediately jumping into his boyfriend's embrace after he closed the door. they stayed like this for a couple minutes, taking in each other's presence and enjoying the warmth of the hug.

"where were you?" dongju asked, his head still resting on geonhak's chest. a sigh left the blond male's lips.

"i was at my parents house. they had a problem with something so i had to help them out. i really wanted to tell you but i couldn't find you after the first break and then my phone died... i rushed to your place after leaving because i wanted to apologize and see you." he said, guilt really present in his voice. dongju lifted his head up to look at his boyfriend and that's when something caught his eye. worry started to build up inside of him again.

"hey, what is that?" dongju said while gripping geonhak's chin to turn the blonde male's head to the side. he was now getting a better view of his boyfriend's black eye, anger building up inside of him.

"who did this to you?" he said, geonhak just sighing in response and pulling away dongju's hand gently. the younger's eyebrows were furrowed, waiting for his boyfriend to answer the question. he felt bad for not even noticing it earlier.

"some dude at the tank station. he seemed to be in a really bad mood and when i got in to pay i didn't notice he was going to buy something so i put the money on the counter to pay for the gas but he was not having it. long story short, we got in a fight and he hit my eye. that's it." geonhak explained, hoping dongju would believe his made up lie. and to his luck he did. the brown haired male started pouting and got closer to his boyfriend's face.

"poor hakkie." he said, face covered with pity for his boyfriend. he left some gentle kisses under geonhak's eye, the blond male smiling warmly at his boyfriend's action and the nickname.

"i'm okay dongju, please don't worry." he said with a reassuring smile. dongju nodded at his words and rested his head on geonhak's chest again.

"i love you." dongju said, almost whispering.