04

hwanwoong liked the idea of going on the trip with all his friends so he was really happy when mr. park announced it. since it was almost the end of class it didn't take long until the bell rang. like always, the boys made their way to the cafeteria to meet up with the others but keonhee seemed to have other plans.

"i'm gonna spend this break in the library, don't wait for me." he said and walked away right after. hwanwoong and dongju looked at each with confusion but just decided to let it go and not ask any questions. when they arrived at the cafeteria, they were greeted by a smiling geonhak and youngjo. seoho on the other hand didn't seem as happy.

"where is keonhee?" he asked.

"he went to the library." dongju replied while sitting down next to his boyfriend. seoho suddenly stood up and walked away, leaving everyone else at the table a little surprised by his action. dongju and hwanwoong exchanged a quick glance since they had an idea what this could be about.

keonhee would usually sit on the floor between two bookshelves and lean against one of them whenever he came here. he'd either listen to music or just scroll through social media to make the time go by faster. when he noticed a presence near him he bent his legs so the person would be able to pass but that person sat down beside him instead. keonhee was confused so he looked up to the person that was sitting next to him now, his eyes widening slightly. seoho.

"can we talk?" the orange haired male said, patiently waiting for the other to say something.

keonhee who was still surprised didn't exactly know what to say. he didn't plan to talk to seoho today and if he would be honest that was the actual reason why he hid in this library but he wasn't going to say that of course. he decided to take the library as an advantage and pointed at the sign that said 'please do not talk'. seoho rolled his eyes and took his phone out. keonhee thought he would just spend time next to him until he felt his phone vibrate in his hand. once he saw the notification he got was a message from seoho, he couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

seoho
talk to me

seoho waited for keonhee to text back, the said male giving him a weak smile while shaking his head before starting to type.

keonhee
what do you want?

seoho
stop avoiding me please.

this message made keonhee look up at the orange haired male who was looking at him with slight sadness in his eyes. he had to admit that this way of communicating is a little different. he didn't think this would happen often, two people talking about an issue through text while sitting next to each other. but it made him feel less anxious to be confronted with this in that way.

seoho
» i miss you.
» i know we didn't talk about
what happened at your birthday
but is that really necessary?
let's not make things awkward.

keonhee
you're right, we should
just forget about it.

even though keonhee knew he wouldn't forget about this, he was a little relieved to know seoho actually cared about their friendship. he wouldn't have followed him to the library and tried to talk it out with him if he wouldn't.

"so we're cool?" seoho said, a smile forming on his lips when he saw keonhee nodding at his words. he stood up, implying he was going to leave the library and seoho followed him. since the break was almost over they decided to just make their way to the classrooms.